Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What did you get with your secret coupon from Joann's ?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-did-you-get-your-secret-coupon-joanns-t60644.html)

abonda 08-22-2010 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by tcnmom
I used my 70% coupon on a $230 sewing cabinet that I got for $69. Don't know if the cabinet is good as I have to wait for someone to come over and get out of my SUV and put it together. The joy of being a widow.

What a deal!!!! I hope someone comes soon! I know how it feels to have to do everything yourself.

Prettiptibbs 08-22-2010 11:27 AM

I found the scratch off on the flyer after I left Joann's on Friday. So off I went yesterday and got 3 1/2 yds of backing fabric for $15.87 with my 70% coupon.Worth waiting in line for a savings of $30.21!!!!! That is 108' wide too!

Luv Quilts and Cats 08-22-2010 11:30 AM

I got a 70% coupon. Spent it on a bundle of fat quarters that I am going to use in an applique hen and chicks wall quilt.

Pinkiris 08-22-2010 11:32 AM

I had 40% off, but couldn't use it because everything I bought was already on sale. PLUS, they charged me twice for the same material! I need about an hour to figure out their receipts. And, of course, I shopped at a store that's about 60 miles away from home (we were visiting friends) and I won't drive that far to get $3.98 back. GR-R-R-R-R!

Sue

watterstide 08-22-2010 11:50 AM

i am going up there now, with my 60% off..and see if the Pigma pens are on sale or not. i use them for the labels or signature quilts..

homequilter 08-22-2010 03:35 PM

I bought a new lamp with my 50% off coupon-my son let me use his desk lamp and then took it back. So, I had to have some light-can't wait to get it all set up. Then, I bought some fabric for the Halloween tote bags I am making. The best part was shopping by myself. My DH and DS Love to go to Joann's with me and I don't mind but sometimes it is just nice to wander and not play find each other.

lab fairy 08-22-2010 03:58 PM

I never have figured out how to get them to mail me a flyer. :cry: I do get e-mail coupons occasionally. I enjoyed having a couple extra copies today and handing them to the woman checking out behind me. She was so surprised to be able to get an extra 10% off her entire purchase (on top of the one coupon she already had). It made my day.

watterstide 08-22-2010 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by lab fairy
I never have figured out how to get them to mail me a flyer. :cry: I do get e-mail coupons occasionally. I enjoyed having a couple extra copies today and handing them to the woman checking out behind me. She was so surprised to be able to get an extra 10% off her entire purchase (on top of the one coupon she already had). It made my day.

you have to fill out a form IN Joanns to get the flyer. and once you get them coming, you need to take the whole flyer with you, so they can scan the code,near your name/address, to keep them coming. i try to remember to have them scan once a month.

CRH 08-22-2010 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
GRRRR Guess what I ended up getting for my secret cpn of 50%??
A package of extra fine pins, yeah.
That store near me is a zoo. I couldn't wait to get out of there.
But I love my pins and also got some grips for my rulers and a large rotary blade.
I want to hear some GOOD deals!! Pray tell ! :D

I had to laugh at the package of extra fine pins. That's what I get also when I can't find anything else to use my coupon on. Then as I sew I can throw away any that are bent. (My other choice is a package of sewing machine needles.)

tortoisethreads 08-22-2010 05:33 PM

I bought a whole bunch of muslin! I use it for backings, applique and so much more!