Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What to do with boxes of quilt magazines (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-do-boxes-quilt-magazines-t177643.html)

Daylesewblessed 01-31-2012 08:27 AM

Donation to the local quilt guild would be my first choice. Second would be the public library. Most libraries have a "friends of the library" group that conducts fundraisers selling used books and magazines.

QuiltnNan 01-31-2012 08:32 AM

donate to the library. i love going there and browsing the quilt mags

catmcclure 01-31-2012 08:52 AM

Goodwill will NOT accept magazines.

I love old magazines. Got one from 2001 at quilt guild and it had a pattern I've been wanting but didn't want to spend $15 on. I paid a dime for the magazine.

nativetexan 01-31-2012 09:18 AM

ask your Senior Center or Church if they want some too.

21quilter 01-31-2012 09:18 AM

I donate mine to my local library. They have a book sale twice a year. I don't feel guilty because someone else will enjoy them.

BrendaY 01-31-2012 10:37 AM

Quilt magazines and thrift shops

Quilt magazines can be donated to any thrift shop. In our area they resell them for 50 cents each.

Thrift shops may be associated with a Save A Pet organization or religious group and will get these mags to someone who will enjoy them. I buy lots of them from our local Cat's Meow thrift shop. Money earned there helps feed homeless pets and maintain a kennel for them. Both dogs and cats...

tedytrser 01-31-2012 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by echoemb (Post 4928711)
I have 8-10 boxes of quilt magazines. In 2 weeks they need to either find a new home or they will have to be thrown away. Anybody have any suggestions? They are pretty much all over the board as to which magazines they are.

If it didn't cost so much to ship I would like one box.

annies-best 01-31-2012 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by tedytrser (Post 4929305)
If it didn't cost so much to ship I would like one box.

yes i also would buy a box or 2 with media mail (book) rate at the PO would not be to expensive

FroggyinTexas 01-31-2012 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by echoemb (Post 4928711)
I have 8-10 boxes of quilt magazines. In 2 weeks they need to either find a new home or they will have to be thrown away. Anybody have any suggestions? They are pretty much all over the board as to which magazines they are.

Donate them to Goodwill or other charity flea markets. If your local friends of the library group has a book sale, it might want them. If not, they will probably have a freebie table and people will pick them up there. Got a quilt guild in your area? Take them to a meeting and let people go through them there. froggyintexas

luce321 01-31-2012 11:02 AM

Maybe donate to a Quilt Guild. Our guild has a "Trash to Treasure" sale once a year in August. Everyone brings mostly sewing items that they cannot use and other items too, that are not sewing related. All proceeds go to the guild. I cannot part with any of my quilting books, but other type books I sometime bring them to the doctor's offices because most of the time there is nothing to read.