Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What to do with finished quilt tops until ready to quilt them? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-do-finished-quilt-tops-until-ready-quilt-them-t37123.html)

nativetexan 02-17-2010 12:13 PM

goodness, i have them laying on the guestbed. i must move them before we have company. i dont' like to wrinkle them but wish i had more storage room that than for them.

Barbm 02-17-2010 12:44 PM

I hang them in the closet on the hangers you get pants on. Just 2 clips hold them, no wrinkles from folding over a hanger. I can see them at a glance to know what's waiting.

Jim's Gem 02-17-2010 01:02 PM

I use a large quilt hanger, formerly called a treadmill. Much better use, I think. There are about 8 of them hanging there at the moment.

k3n 02-17-2010 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
I use a large quilt hanger, formerly called a treadmill. Much better use, I think. There are about 8 of them hanging there at the moment.

Ha ha! I remember you showed a pic of that a while back Gayle! I agree, MUCH better use for it! ;-)

Jim's Gem 02-17-2010 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by k3n

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem

Ha ha! I remember you showed a pic of that a while back Gayle! I agree, MUCH better use for it! ;-)

Except I really need to use it and lose some weight!! I can't right now cause I am having a lot of knee pain. I have just been waiting for my shoulder to get better before going in. I have an appointment to get the ball rolling next week. I kept thinking "one body part at a time" but I can't wait much longer, I need to be able to walk!!!

brushandthimble 02-17-2010 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by yorkie
I have purchased one of the wood folding drying racks for clothes. I fold them gently and hang them on the rack, that way they do not get wrinkled. If it is going to be a while before they get quilted, I will fold a towel into them so there are no hard folds which can wrinkle.

I also use a wood drying rack. I wrapped the rungs with a small piece of batting I spayed adhesive on and covered that with a strip of muslin. I have small quilts,wallhangings on the lower rungs. A few a folded with the backing.

jljack 02-17-2010 10:38 PM

Mine sit folded with their intended backs on top of a box under my quilting frame. Right now there are 4 quilts under there, whispering to me to come & finish!!! Hush!!! Can't you see I'm busy!!! :thumbup: :lol: :lol:

Rettie V. Grama 02-18-2010 08:15 AM

I like the coat hanger tip. If you have a plastic hanger, to keep it or your clothing from slipping blue foam on it all the way around. Two birds with one stone.from

weezie 02-18-2010 11:00 AM

At present, mine are in large plastic containers (with backing fabric if I have it) stacked on the pool table. If I have the binding strips already cut, I have them hanging up to keep them wrinkle-free. (Nobody plays pool anyway, but if they wanted to, it's an easy thing to move my containers.)

bob1414 02-18-2010 11:34 AM

I store mine in Space Bags, which are the heavy duty plastic bags that get the air sucked out of them with a vacuum.