Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What do I take to the Quilt Show? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-do-i-take-quilt-show-t151438.html)

txstitcher 09-08-2011 03:11 PM

I'm going to the Quilt Show in Houston this year. What do I take or not take?

Leave the purse at home? Take a wheeled bag or not?

What else? Please help!

Thanks!

jljack 09-08-2011 03:12 PM

Shows don't usually allow wheeled bags on the floor. Take a roomy tote...you're gonna come home with tons of stuff!! LOL

Jim's Gem 09-08-2011 03:16 PM

Leave the purse at home. Some shows don't let you bring in a wheeled bag. I like to wear a small backpack type bag that is out of my hands but can still place small purchases and a water bottle and Meds in. I will bring a lightweight larger bag that I can fold up really small to put larger purchases in. Many shows have a place where for a buck or two you can check your bags and add to them during the day. If you make a lot of purchases, take advantage of that.
Comfortable shoes, comfortable clothes, cash for lunch, water bottle, pain meds (tylenol, aleve, etc) I get to hurting pretty good. A couple tissues. Camera with full batter and plenty of card space. Many vendors will NOT let you take pictures of their quilts but some will(always ask first). A lot of the display quilts you can take pictures of. Have a great time!!!!

Glassquilt 09-08-2011 03:28 PM

Ditto backpack & comfortable shoes. I carry my driver's license and a credit card in a pocket on a lanyard I wear around my neck. Food is highly overpriced at the convention centers in Chicago.

Jennifer22206 09-08-2011 03:30 PM

I carry a backpack/large totebag. The bag is actually a diaper bag that I made for when my DD was born. I carry my drivers license, credit card, cash (I try to use cash for everything, but sometimes something just screams to be purchased, so I'll use the CC!!)

slstitcher 09-08-2011 04:35 PM

I'm so excited for you that you get to go. I hope to go next year when my travel bud (my cousin) is all done with her radiation treatments and back up to par. We had planned on it this year but things happen. I told her it would be there next year to. Just gives me time to save more money anyway. Hope you take pics and share. Have lots of fun.

txstitcher 09-08-2011 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by slstitcher
I'm so excited for you that you get to go. I hope to go next year when my travel bud (my cousin) is all done with her radiation treatments and back up to par. We had planned on it this year but things happen. I told her it would be there next year to. Just gives me time to save more money anyway. Hope you take pics and share. Have lots of fun.

I'm excited as well! I have wanted to go for the past couple of years. I know a lady who goes to the Houston show every year and loves it. I'm going with my aunt and cousins and we cannot wait to hit the convention center!!

NitaM39 09-08-2011 07:05 PM

LOTS AND LOTS OF MONEY!!!!!

DogHouseMom 09-08-2011 07:11 PM

I have a purse that has a really long shoulder strap that I can put around my neck and over one shoulder. This way it never falls off and I don't accidentally put it down then walk away! yup - done that!! I use this bag whenever I travel or go to crowded places (harder to be pick-pocketed when the bag is that close and in front of you). It's a nice "hands-free" purse.

Tote bags
Camera
Sensible shoes
Money
A list of notions/supplies that you need/want

Glassquilt 09-09-2011 05:44 AM

Emergency contact information
Saw this on a Fons & Porter Tips section