Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   what do u think (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-do-u-think-t105102.html)

Nursequilter 03-04-2011 11:20 PM

Well I want to know if anyone has a grace frame and machine to quilt with and what u think of it. I have been exploring this and I found some other things online like the Flynn quilt frame and there is another person who makes the similar thing like a grace frame that sits on a table and has the stand with rollers. Its a decision to not go into blindly. Can purchase something online but is this the best option. How do u really learn how to use it and instructions are not always easy. I want to be able to machine quilt my quilts myself and cant afford a long arm. What do u think.

sharoney 03-04-2011 11:25 PM

I don't have a grace frame, but I do have an EZ quilter, and I think that is the one you refer to- that sits on a table and has a stand with rollers. I've used it several times, but I find the actual quilting area not that large, and you have to move the quilt alot. I finally took it down and don't use it any more because I prefer FM quilting just with my machine. I wouldn't want to discourage anyone from buying one, it's a good idea, and well-made; it's just easier for me to quilt without a frame.

Quiltforme 03-04-2011 11:29 PM

I bought my Little Gracie II quilt frame from Kens Sewing online. They have a layaway program no fees and free shipping. I love my frame and have a Juki 98q sitting on it. I took a Long Arm Quilting class from my local sewing/vac store. I learned a lot and feel more confident. I sent away for several DVD's from all of the frame manufacturers and decided costwise that the Grace frame was exactly what I wanted.

Originally Posted by Nursequilter
Well I want to know if anyone has a grace frame and machine to quilt with and what u think of it. I have been exploring this and I found some other things online like the Flynn quilt frame and there is another person who makes the similar thing like a grace frame that sits on a table and has the stand with rollers. Its a decision to not go into blindly. Can purchase something online but is this the best option. How do u really learn how to use it and instructions are not always easy. I want to be able to machine quilt my quilts myself and cant afford a long arm. What do u think.

DebbyT 03-05-2011 06:26 AM

I have a Grace II with a Brother 1500s. I can do up to a 90"wide quilt. It is set up all the time in it's own space. You will need a dedicated space for it. It has a section that can be removed to downsize it's length. I also got the stitch regulator/speed control.

mayme 03-05-2011 06:45 AM

I have the Orginal Grace Frame with a Juki on it. I've got way more than my money's worth out of it. It's what I could afford when I bought it about 8 years ago. I only do twin size and smaller due to the limited thoat space. If I were to buy another, I think I would go with the Bailey quilter with the 15 inch throat. They are about $3500 with the frame. Check them out.
Mayme, in a snowy West MI