Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What do you buy?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-do-you-buy-t251793.html)

Sandygirl 08-13-2014 05:10 AM

What do you buy??

At Joanns? Just curious. I tend to shop at quilt shops because I love the quality of the fabric. There is always chatter about shopping at the chains. Enlighten me!
thank you
Sandy

DonnaPBradshaw 08-13-2014 05:14 AM

I shop at both: quilt shops and Joann's it all depends on the kind of fabric I want and the cost I want to pay! Minky is by far the better place to buy than quilt shops!

sewbizgirl 08-13-2014 05:18 AM

JoAnn's has some nice quality fabrics too. Not all of it... but you can find good fabric there if you look. I suggest you go into a JoAnn's and take a look (and feel) of their fabrics and decide for yourself. They also have sales and coupons, and sometimes you can get really good prices that way.

Lori S 08-13-2014 05:21 AM

I buy Warm and Natural batting, some thread, Kona muslin or Kona Black, Heat and Bond, Temporary spray adhesive, gridded interfacing, and Sewing Machine needles. Once in a while a package of rotary cutting blades. I shop the sales and use coupons .. I vow to not pay full price at Jo'Anns since their regular prices seem inflated to me.

pyffer3 08-13-2014 05:22 AM

I shop Joanne's and Walmart because they are my only choices and they are each still 40 miles away! I do get a lot of things online, because even with shipping I pay less than if I drove to someplace to purchase said items. I love Connecting Threads and Missouri Star Quilt Company for their daily deals!

joyce888 08-13-2014 05:24 AM

I shop everywhere there's fabric. I'm looking for quality (won't compromise) with good prices. JoAnns has come a long way with the quality of their Keepsake brand and their Quilters Quality brand. They carry designers, Susan Winglet, Tim Holtz, Debbie Mumm, and others. Yes you can still find inferior fabric but I also think that's with any brand. I've been collecting Kaffe Fassett fabrics for some time now and I wouldn't use his shot cotton if they paid me.

auntpiggylpn 08-13-2014 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by Lori S (Post 6843060)
I buy Warm and Natural batting, some thread, Kona muslin or Kona Black, Heat and Bond, Temporary spray adhesive, gridded interfacing, and Sewing Machine needles. Once in a while a package of rotary cutting blades. I shop the sales and use coupons .. I vow to not pay full price at Jo'Anns since their regular prices seem inflated to me.

NOTIONS, NOTIONS, NOTIONS!! They recently had a 70% off your entire purchase coupon on their notion wall and I tore it up! Hand & machine needles, bobbins, thimbles, marking pens, pencils and markers, seam rippers, etc. at 70% off I was able to purchase several thimbles to try as I am in search of the perfect thimble! I had a big bag of things for under $20.

feline fanatic 08-13-2014 05:29 AM

Notions and fusible interfacing but only if there is a sale or I have coupon. Unfortunately I rarely get the coupons because I don't shop there often enough. If you don't use a coupon every few months they quit sending them to you.:thumbdown:

Jackie Spencer 08-13-2014 05:32 AM

I buy my fabric at QS, usually at Sale prices. Quilt fabric does not have to be $11.00 or $12.00 a yd. I do this because I love Moda, Benartex, etc. I do buy my notions, embroidery floss, batting, and fusibles at JoAnns.

hairquilt 08-13-2014 05:32 AM

I'm like LoriS & only buy from Joanns Red sticker bins usually. I like Hancocks better for prices but I did buy a bolt of batting at Joanns with a 70% off coupon during one of their campaigns!