Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What do you do with your quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-do-you-do-your-quilts-t7984.html)

abacus 06-10-2008 02:03 PM

Okie:

I haven't completed a quilt yet, but had an idea for your office. Think about rotating them occassionally (sp?) A great way to add interest to your wall, AND be able to display more than one quilt. :-) :lol:

Quiltinsolitude 06-10-2008 02:49 PM

Some of mine I have kept (in fact, a lot of mine lol). I made each of my daughter's college friends (the group has maintained their very close friendship for 10 yrs now) a quilt. I tried to choose each person's favorite colors or a theme I knew they would enjoy. The last of these is ready to go to the recipient later this month.

barnbum 06-10-2008 04:34 PM

Well--quilted stuff (wall hangings, lap size quilts, tree skirts, pillows, table runners) ) have gone to all the nieces and nephews on one side, both my parents and in-laws, many friends have something, some new babies, kids who have troubles, a few students, my kids each have about 4, there are wall hangings all over the house....there are now two quilts for the bed-which I change for the seasons, and I have two for myself.

My kids are 18 and almost 21, so in about 5-9 years I should be working on wedding and then baby quilts...and wall hangings for every room in their houses. :lol: :wink:

NOW, I'm working up a pile to sell at a craft sale in November. I can't wait for summer, when school's out, to get going on finishing all I've started!!!! I have sold several items....

Quilting Aggi 06-12-2008 07:31 AM

I have given many quilts to friends and family for gifts. I have a pile still left to be quilted that I will decide once done if I will keep them for me or to sell them. I have sold my quilts for the last 10 years. I remember when my very first quilt was sold. I was living in Nova Scotia and I put this beautiful blue and white star sampler in to a quilt consignment store to be sold. It sold within a couple weeks to a couple from France!! I was sooo excited!! that was 1997.
I still want to donate some of my work to some special causes here. I also work for the Newfoundland Labrador Housing Corporation (its a division of provincial government) We provide housing and services to low income families. This coming November/December I will be donating one of my Christmas tree skirts that will be placed up on tickets with all proceeds going to help purchase Christmas hampers. Perhaps next year I might try a small Christmas lap quilt.

Cheers

sallyjo 06-17-2008 01:29 AM

I can't think of a better decoration for a room let alone an office! Things get stressful, just look at the quilt to stabilize!

The only quilt I've kept is one that I found at a yard sale. It is a hand pieced top of hexagons of numerous materials. I haven't found any two hexagons alike. It's like an I spy. I just finished it and loved it so much I kept it. Been sleeping with it for years. I only paid $4 for it!

The VAST majority of the quilts I make or for teens and kids as gifts. Some are related to me, some are not. I've sold a couple that were special requests for homemade John Deere quilts. I'm finishing one now with a Cars theme for my grandson who adores the movie.

My favorite quilt story is a friend of mine had been after me for years to make her a quilt. I like to personalize quilts when I can and had a hard time personalizing hers as we had so much history together. Then I stumbled on the perfect pattern, we went shopping together and she chose all the material (novelty patterns and colors I wouldn't have chose in a million years), I complained about the color choice to her and anyone else who would listen. I made the quilt. She and I have gotten so many raves that I was dumbstruck. I had to admit to her that she did well choosing the colors. Anyway, as payment for my labor and making a second quilt of the colors I chose, she let me have her old Jeep. I'd been wanting it and it all just worked out!