Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What do you embroider? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-do-you-embroider-t83282.html)

CoriAmD 12-16-2010 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Joeysnana

Originally Posted by CoriAmD
I just made some bookmarks for Christmas presents with my Brother SE-400 embroidery machine. I am really happy with how they turned out.

Those are lovely bookmarks. The women in my family are all avid readers, so thanks for the idea!!

You are most welcome! :)

Rntraveler 12-16-2010 04:27 PM

Diapers and make burp towels.... anything I can... open the seam on pillowcases, embroider them and sew them back..

Days of the week panties for gifts....once you start there will be a million ideas....

The problem is getting the thread and supplies at a reasonable price...

Maride 12-16-2010 04:48 PM

If it can be mounted on the hoop it gets an embroidery on it.

JanetM 12-16-2010 05:49 PM

Anything that doesn't run away :lol: :lol:

Curtains
Placemats
Table Runners
Wall Hangings
Gift Labels
Quilt Labels
Gift Bags for gift cards
Greeting cards
Tablemats
Freestanding appliques for purchased Christmas Stockings (glue them on)
Kitchen Towels
Bathroom Towels
Shower Wraps for the women in my family
T-Shirts
Purses
Doggie Bandanas
Freestanding lace ornaments
Tablecloths and napkins
Walker Bags
Phew...Are you exhausted yet :shock:

You will love being able to embroider...it really offers you so many creative possibilities. Have fun :thumbup:

Connie in CO 12-16-2010 06:13 PM

I have a yellow t-shirt.I have embroidered quilting designs on it.

connie_1936 12-16-2010 06:40 PM

i love to embroider quilt blocks. childrens alphabets with animals etc are so much fun to do. look at the site called cute alphabets to see some of the designs. you can get lots of free designs at cute emb. and everyday amazing emb. have fun. congrats on your new machine.

luv2so 12-17-2010 03:14 AM

I personally embroider everything! I know ladies that have even embroidered toilet tissue, I've never done that though.

Right now I'm making freestanding lace bell ornaments and candle cozies for Christmas gifts. Last year I made embroidered bell ringers for my grandchildren to give their teachers for Christmas. This year they'll be getting the candle cozie and bell ornament.
There's tons of sights with free designs. OESD, Dakota, GN, all the major companies. Then there's Ann The Gran, there's tons of freebies on her site.

s.daurio 12-17-2010 04:18 AM

I love embroidery on quilts. Whenever you make a block with a large empty square, there's an opportunity for embroidery. I've made quite a few of them. I love embroidery on towels, nieces and nephews get these for Christmas. I watch for them to go on sale, I have a stash of towels for when I need them. They are also great hostess gifts for parties! This year I embroidered coasters for nieces and nephews, just love it. Table runners, place mats. I made pillow cases for the great nieces and nephews, and embroidered their names on the pilllow cases. The possibilities are endless. You will have so much fun with it!!

Sue
suedaurio.blogspot.com

grann of 6 12-17-2010 04:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I do everything too. I love quilting with the embroidery machine. It is fun to edit designs so you can use just parts of them. Here is a quilt I made for my DGD for Christmas using an old design that I just used the outline part for the quilt design. I hope I posted the right one.

cassie69emt 12-17-2010 04:46 AM

[quote when I first got my machine I was eying up hubbys underwear![/quote]

I DID embroider my hubbys underwear, He Loved it ! But I also agree do anything you can get your hands on , practice everytime you get the chance