Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What do you love/What do you not love.. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-do-you-love-what-do-you-not-love-t153754.html)

MaryAnnMc 09-17-2011 04:08 PM

Too bad you live so far north (I'm in Naples). I'd happily square up your blocks if you would kick me in the pants and force me to actually make something! :lol: :lol: :lol:

blueangel 09-17-2011 04:14 PM

I hate cutting out but I love sewing them together.

katier825 09-17-2011 04:18 PM

I love the planning and selecting fabrics. I have a wishlist a mile long, and several projects already cut up and ready to go. If I'd stop adding new ones, I might get to them! LOL I don't even mind binding.

What I dislike is ironing, especially the backs. I don't have much room and it's not convenient to work in any other room. Plus my ironing board is too wobbly, but I can't spend the money for a new one right now. I can't believe how expensive those got...$50-60 for one that looks sturdy.

quiltsRfun 09-17-2011 04:21 PM

Cutting is not my favorite but once I get started I don't mind. I've decided I really like piecing together the blocks. But when it comes time to put them together with sashing and borders I don't enjoy that. Right now I have five stacks of blocks that I need to put together.

goosepoint 09-17-2011 04:26 PM

I hate clipping all the strings and getting them off of the top before it goes to the quilters. I don't much care for the pressing part because I feel like I am slowing down. But it is really the strings that I hate.

lisalisa 09-17-2011 04:30 PM

Squaring up the blocks usually forces me to change my blade which makes things go a lot quicker. I really don't like the cutting, pressing and basting. I used to hate the quilting, but have grown to enjoy it now that I've learned how to do it correctly via the kind folks here on the board.

MZStitch 09-17-2011 04:32 PM

I love creating my own patters, cutting, piecing, designing how to quilt it, and I don't mind binding at all.

I don't love machine quilting it, but in my mind it wouldn't be my quilt if I didn't do it all.

Hands down I really dislike choosing fabric. If I walk in a quilt shop and the salesperson isn't friendly and helpful, I just walk out.

gramajo 09-17-2011 04:32 PM

I enjoy choosing pattern & fabrics. :-D I don't mind cutting, squaring up blocks isn't a lot of fun but necessary so I can join the blocks to see the design emerge :-D :-D, DD helps with layering, quilting is fun, BUT I really, really hate doing the binding :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Doghouse Mom, I'm like you. I have to get up & move. I have RA & just stiffen up so badly when I sit for more than a few minutes.

Moonglow 09-17-2011 04:36 PM

I love the whole process of making quilts, it's the distractions (eg housework, shopping etc) that sometimes frustrates me. However, that's life!

Sadiemae 09-17-2011 04:36 PM

I HATE Binding!!!!