Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What do you make for males? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-do-you-make-males-t50529.html)

ann clare 06-20-2010 03:23 PM

My guys all love quilts.

clem55 06-20-2010 04:03 PM

I make their favorite dessert. My daughter makes her Dad and brothers homemade cookies and my beer cheese for Xmas. We laugh because we never manage to buy a gift that they really like, but they always like the food. I always gift wrap a big jar of cashews,or caramel popcorn, and tuck in a little cash. We've also bought gift cards to a car-wash place, golf balls( good ones, golf tees and towels and last year one son asked for a big golf umbrella.

daniellern76 06-20-2010 04:10 PM

I made my husband a nice big cozy dallas cowboys blanket, the fleece with the tied ends.. and he LOVES it. We like to snuggle under our blankets in the dual recliners and watch tv. I made my 11 year old son one with a baseball theme and he loves his. I agree with making something with fabric that reminds them of a masculine hobby or sport. I like the remote caddy arm chair bag too.

mzsooz 06-20-2010 11:33 PM

Nothing. I have made the men in my life remote control caddies, pillowcases, etc. and they never like or use them.

I'm wanting to start Christmas presents and I want to sew them and I am just stuck. I hope you get some great suggestions and that I will be inspired too!

Jim's Gem 06-21-2010 06:45 PM

All the guys that I have made quilts for just love them. I just leave out all the floral fabrics and use something a little more "manly"

teacherbailey 06-22-2010 02:24 AM

My son's favorite quilt from high school.....well, you guys would snicker. Actually you wouldn't because I'd never put it on here! I found a very vibrant basketball fabric, cut two lengths about 8' long each (he's 6'6") and sewed them together....put red fleece on the back and as batting and stitched a few times in both directions to hold it all together. He loves it and now his son uses it. They want warm and cuddly and great fabrics....piecing seems to be an "extra" for them. When he was stationed in Korea I'd send several batches of homemade brownies at a time so he could share with his buddies..... I vote for easy quilts in manly fabrics and anything with sugar.

Carol W 06-22-2010 03:41 AM

My very first quilt was a 9 patch for my DH. I didn't even know how to sew. He loves it!!! He sleeps with it every night and wraps himself in it almost every day. Even in the summer.

Crickett Sweet 06-22-2010 04:19 AM

I have two grandsons 17 and 20. They love soft warm quilts - like flannel or even minkie but sparsly quilted so that they are puffy like comforters. They also love cookies. They're men, go with the basics -- keep they warm and fed.

bearisgray 06-22-2010 04:24 AM

My DH would always ask my Mom for FOOD for Christmas.

She made awesome apple pies, cherry nut bread, Russian Teacake cookies, frozen bread and butter pickles, frozen strawberry jam.

Miss you, Mom.

pansypenny 06-22-2010 04:33 AM

Hi from about 100 mi. s of the bridge....how do you make fleece socks? Is there an actual pattern? We certainly could use those!!
thanks,
Penny