Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What do you make for males? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-do-you-make-males-t50529.html)

seasaw2mch 06-22-2010 06:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I made this Dallas Cowboys pillow for my brother and now I have orders for several more for different teams. I also made a lap size blanket out of the Cowboys themed fleece fabric to go with it, just added the binding on the edges.

You could do something similar for their hobbies.

Dallas Cowboys Pillow
[ATTACH=CONFIG]88415[/ATTACH]

seasaw2mch 06-22-2010 06:47 PM

forgot to say that this is sized for a normal size pillow and it has a Velcro closure on the back (in the middle, long ways) so that it can be removed and washed.

fleurdelisquilts.com 06-22-2010 06:53 PM

When my grandson was small, I made him a quilt with a cheater fabric that had roads, an airport, trees, etc. on it. I added fabric with various types of transportation to make it big enough for a twin bed. In the same box I added a few Matchbox cars. He played on that poor quilt driving the cars around on the road so much that I had to make more than one repair. He would haul it to my house for Friday Night Sleepovers (a regular thing for our grandbebes)until finally he said he was too big and left it at my house. It's one we now use as a play mat for the new grandbebes, so it's been loved by lots of kids.

teek4 06-22-2010 08:07 PM

My mother quilted a quilt for my son's bed, out of denim and bandanna print. He was 18 and loved it.
teek4

Adriane 06-22-2010 08:17 PM

The men in my life have been asking me to make them quilted sleeping bags.

adrianlee 06-22-2010 08:45 PM

For the men in my life, hubby, son and friends: quilts, flannel pillowcases in their favorite colors. Also potholders that will fit their size of hands. Home baked cookies, these can be made and frozen till the holiday. I have also made slippers, lots of neat patterns that aren't all that hard to sew. And as a fun stocking stuffer for the more 'worldly older guy', Blue M&M candies in a pill bottle and a note "From Santa". Also monogrammed bath towels, the letters are easy to sew and you actually don't need an embroildery machine to do it.

adrianlee 06-22-2010 08:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is what the bath towel looks like.

Bath towel with the letter J
[ATTACH=CONFIG]88218[/ATTACH]

kd124 06-22-2010 11:19 PM

I have made my son two quilts, a lap and a bed(twin) size. The bed is purples (his favorite color) and the lap is RW&B stars with snowballs between. I made my grandson a lap and am working on a twin size for him using the pattern eye of the storm. Both of them love getting my quilts.
My sis made her son a tie quilt--he collected the ties. She made her husband a RW&B quilt and is finishing up one that shows his military career.

amalia64 06-22-2010 11:21 PM

my husband asked me again for another apron, he loves to grill and cook, and my son likes to have matching aprons, potholder, kitchen towels.

mountain deb 06-23-2010 04:01 AM

I asked dh if he played cowboys when he was little, of course he did. So I set aside some cowboy fabric and will make him one to take back to his childhood days. SHHHHH don't tell him , it will be for Christmas, not sure if it is this year or next. Got to get started on it soon if this year.