Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What do you need to quilt? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-do-you-need-quilt-t90679.html)

KarenR 01-15-2011 05:37 AM

My DH asked me yesturday - What do you need to quilt? Still trying to figure that one out.
Do you think he's dreaming of getting me a new machine? My main machine is a Bernina 630 (yes you read that right) I have newer ones but nothing that I ever paid over $100.00 for,
or how would you interpret what he asked?

A new machine?
A long arm - he does not even know they exist - I think

He admits that my quilting is getting better and his DD just loves it. She is better than me.

And then get this - He told me it is not that expensive of a love. Guess I should take him to a quilt store - NOT

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

craftybear 01-15-2011 05:38 AM

ha ha,

tell him you want a long arm!

sueisallaboutquilts 01-15-2011 05:41 AM

He may live to regret that question!!!!!!!!!!! LOL :D:D
He sounds like a definite keeper!!

sewcrafty 01-15-2011 06:07 AM

Hey I could produce a list real quick if need be! :-D There's the need and wants. Which I do have to admit cross over each other quite a bit. :-D Oh what the hey, lets just go with the wants!!!

Mitch's mom 01-15-2011 07:11 AM

Men don't think the same way we do. If he asked you what you need, he wants to know what you need. Tell him what you would like to have. If he didn't care, he wouldn't ask. He wants you to have everything you need or want to be successful/happy with your hobby.

My husband asks this all the time. I don't try to second guess his motivation or meaning, I tell him what I want. If it is something we can afford right away I am told to go get it. If it is a larger purchase, he'll buy it for a special day - anniversary, birthday or Christmas.

clem55 01-15-2011 08:29 AM

Sounds like he is encouraging you to keep at it, and wants you to have whatever you need. I"d make a list of what I NEED, and one of the WANT, then let him surprise you!

eaglebeak1960 01-15-2011 08:31 AM

lol loaded question!!!!!!!

I would ask for everything!!!! and see what he would give u

amma 01-15-2011 05:03 PM

Start making a list before he changes his mind :D:D:D

Sloan Quinn 01-15-2011 05:10 PM

My DH asked me to make a list of things I'd like for Christmas, so he could pick a couple of things off the list (he ended up getting me a new hand mixer and a set of shelves for the sewing room). Sometimes that's what they want when they ask a question like that, and sometimes they're just curious and maybe thinking about a surprise gift. My advice would be to list off a few things in all price ranges and see what he does.

clem55 01-16-2011 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Sloan Quinn
My DH asked me to make a list of things I'd like for Christmas, so he could pick a couple of things off the list (he ended up getting me a new hand mixer and a set of shelves for the sewing room). Sometimes that's what they want when they ask a question like that, and sometimes they're just curious and maybe thinking about a surprise gift. My advice would be to list off a few things in all price ranges and see what he does.

that is what my hubby does too. And I try to put a variety of items and prices on his list. Sometimes I get it all, and sometimes just a couple things, but it nice for both of us.