Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   WHAT DO YOU THINK OF (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-do-you-think-t147213.html)

kimscruzer 08-23-2011 06:27 AM

I have thought about trying one. Can you tell me what patterns you used or if there is a site with FREE instructions? Can you post pics of yours? :thumbup:

Kehoeta 08-23-2011 06:32 AM

I have tried it and don't like it either... There is a QAYG in my UFO's now - and I don't think it will ever get finished.

AliKat 08-23-2011 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by carolyne2421
QUILT AS YOU GO QUILTS,,,I LIKE THEM,I HAD A QUILTING MACHINE BUT GOT RID OF IT SINCE I CAN'T QUILT ANYMORE DUE TO HAVING PAD IN MY LEGS,,SO I STARTED QUILTING AS I GO AND I HAVE DONE A 4 PATCH POSEY, A 3D PINWHEEL, AND I AM WORKING NOW ON A DRESDEN KALIDESCOPE WITH A YO YO IN THE MIDDLE,,SO WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON QUILT AS YOU GO,,THANKS FOR ALL INPUT

I'd love to see pictures of what you have done so far in a QAYG method. I've only done a small project and want to see more.

ali

Sadiemae 08-23-2011 07:32 AM

It is great for people who enjoy it, it isn't for me.

mary quite contrary 08-23-2011 07:38 AM

I've tried it and wasn't thrilled with my results. I'm assuming it is my ineptness. I'm not quite ready to give up on it.

carolyne2421 08-23-2011 07:54 AM

2 Attachment(s)
i have added a couple of pics of quilts that i QAYG, hope you enjoy them

this is a 3d pinwheel
[ATTACH=CONFIG]245732[/ATTACH]

this is my dresden kalidescope with yo yos
[ATTACH=CONFIG]245733[/ATTACH]

the casual quilter 08-23-2011 07:56 AM

I've made a few of them and really like the technique. The book I used was Sharon Pederson's Reversable Two at a Time book. Once I got into the rhythm of putting them together, they really went easily.

Linnie 08-23-2011 08:11 AM

Sounds like it works for you!!

Tropical 08-23-2011 08:22 AM

I follow the instructions Jenny from Missouri Star Quilt CO. shows on YouTube to do a strip quilt. It was not a large one. Mine turned out great, DH's and my opinion. :) It is done with the backing and batting the size you want the finished quilt to be. Then you add strips to the top which are sewn through the three layers. Then bind and it is done. I loved not having to mess with trying to put a complete top together with the batting and backing while tirying to keep everything smooth.I used cotton top and flannel backing w/o batting for a child/lap size quilt. It is just the right weight for a cool Florida day.

I am starting another one. This one will have different types of blocks with sashing sewn into strips and finished the same way. The instructions are on Youtube. Just type in "How to quilt as you go." Good luck however you decide to do it. At least you don't have to give up quilting altogether. :) :) :)

redmadder 08-23-2011 08:34 AM

I am working on my first. It is a hand appliqued Sunflower block, sometimes called Dresden Plate except this has pointed leaves. Using unwashed Warm and Natural and am machine quilting. So far I've quilted three blocks and I think they look great. Will know more once they are joined.