Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What do you use to store your current project? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-do-you-use-store-your-current-project-t186026.html)

Pat625 04-14-2012 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Vivian Ketron (Post 5140185)
Mine are on the kitchen table, love seat, counter any place i put them and sometimes in my fabric cabinet on 1 of the shelves. lol. You can tell I'm not very organized and l live alone. lol.

HAHA..sounds like home, and I don't live alone...my kids are used to it tho...I even sometimes have stuff on one side of the bed, and sleep on the other!! So much nicer than a husband and the fabric doesn't talk back!!
I have a bookshelf with baskets with pieces and parts too. When I got rid of the husband I took over his dresser for stash and another place for projects!!

SuzieQuilts 04-14-2012 03:37 PM

I have several plastic totes are about 13" square and about 3 in. deep from Joanns. I get them on sale for 50% off. They have a handle and they stack up nice. I can fit all the pieces and parts of a large quilt in it, and have room for basic sewing supplies if I am on the go. When I run out of empty totes, then that is my que to get busy and finish up some quilt tops.

luvTooQuilt 04-14-2012 03:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
i use the plastic artbin colored boxes from joannes. Usually get them with a 50% off coupon... I use blue painters tape to label what project it is.. i keep no more than 8 at a time and each is a different color.. i store everything I need for that specific project: fabric, thread pattern... so i dont use it by mistake..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]327783[/ATTACH]

peaceandjoy 04-14-2012 04:08 PM

I love the Artbin products - usually in the scrapbooking section. I've got ones that are 1", 2" and 3" deep, so depending on how large the project is, I can get a lot of fabric in there, lol. As I usually do scrappy projects, I might have 20 different fq's of one color.

momto5 04-14-2012 04:47 PM

I "store" mine in the same place Jan does...on the cutting table with an occasional spillover onto the ironing board or part of my sewing center...:)

hopetoquilt 04-14-2012 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt (Post 5141213)
i use the plastic artbin colored boxes from joannes. Usually get them with a 50% off coupon... I use blue painters tape to label what project it is.. i keep no more than 8 at a time and each is a different color.. i store everything I need for that specific project: fabric, thread pattern... so i dont use it by mistake..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]327783[/ATTACH]

I do the exact same thing but I have 3 of those boxes and one larger box (for that 50 PP stars BOW). Works beautifully. I don't label the box but I throw the book or pattern in the box with the fabric and other materials.

Sweeterthanwine 04-14-2012 06:21 PM

Mine are on my dining room table. I don't use the dining room any more so it is slowly becoming my sewing studio. I like everything out in site that way I know I have to finish the project before going on to another one.

alikat110 04-14-2012 08:26 PM

I have bins for each WIP. I like to go thru them and pick one to work on until I have to do a quicky project.

Dotha 04-14-2012 10:11 PM

Ziplock bags. I have gallon size and two gallon size. Also tote bags to put it all in to grab and go.

petpainter 04-15-2012 03:46 AM

I use hospital clear bags that you get to take your clothes home. I got 3 new ones yesterday when my Dad came home from surgery! Not a fun way to get them, but they can hold a king size quilt worth of fabric!