Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What is embroidery backing stabilizer thread? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-embroidery-backing-stabilizer-thread-t66661.html)

Marge L. 09-25-2010 05:00 AM

Saw on ebay a product called embridery backing stabilizer thread. What is it? How does it differ from regullar stabilizer?

SewinSue 09-25-2010 05:31 AM

I would say someone does not know how to punctuate a sentence. I have embroidered by machine for years and pretty sure there is no such thing but there is embroidery backing/stabilizer and embroidery thread. Sue

kathy 09-25-2010 06:49 AM

Sue I'd say you hit that nail square on the head commas are very important

laureneberhard 09-25-2010 07:20 AM

It is a thinner thread for the back of embroidery so it doesn't add as much bulk. Stablizer is a thin fabric type material that holds the fabric you are stitching on flatter so it doesn't pucker where the stitching meets the fabric.

Sadiemae 09-25-2010 02:52 PM

There is someone on ebay that is selling tearaway stabalizer by this name. Doesn't make sense to me why they would call it TEAR AWAY EMBROIDERY BACKING STABILIZER THREAD, but they do. It is just tearaway stabalizer.

Marge L. 09-25-2010 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
There is someone on ebay that is selling tearaway stabalizer by this name. Doesn't make sense to me why they would call it TEAR AWAY EMBROIDERY BACKING STABILIZER THREAD, but they do. It is just tearaway stabalizer.

SadieMae---House of Fashion is the one selling the stabilizer. I ordered some and then began to wonder about it. I'm glad I didn't order in vain. Received notice that it has already been shipped, so will find out for sure. Thank you for your reply. Marge

Did I do this correctly, Sewnsue?

Scissor Queen 09-25-2010 03:50 PM

I'll bet they use that title so it comes up when somebody searches on any one of the terms.

Sadiemae 09-25-2010 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen

I'll bet they use that title so it comes up when somebody searches on any one of the terms.

You are probably right.

Sadiemae 09-25-2010 03:54 PM

If it was a good price, I think you are fine.

SewinSue 09-25-2010 04:26 PM

Oh my, I did not intend to offend anyone with my comment. I am no authority on grammar or punctuation but in my usual sarcasm/humor I just assumed someone got in a hurry and ran it all together. My apologies to anyone and everyone if I offended you. That was NOT my intention at all. I love this site and would never intentionally insult anyone-- it isn't in my nature or my personality. Please forgive me. Sue