Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What, exactly, is a quilting journal or diary? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-exactly-quilting-journal-diary-t72053.html)

Pommom 10-24-2010 01:08 PM

Do you use it to journal the project you are working on from start to finish, or some other purpose?

ann clare 10-24-2010 01:10 PM

No. I know that I should.

Qbee 10-24-2010 01:11 PM

Really...never thought of this. I'm a beginner so I guess I could start. How are they done??

Pommom 10-24-2010 01:14 PM

I just have seen it references in some quilting books and magazines. My guess was that you would keep a journal of the fabrics, the patterns, why you chose them, etc., etc. And I guess it could turn into a journal of your life while making it......Don't know!

amma 10-24-2010 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Pommom
I just have seen it references in some quilting books and magazines. My guess was that you would keep a journal of the fabrics, the patterns, why you chose them, etc., etc. And I guess it could turn into a journal of your life while making it......Don't know!

Yep, when you started, finished, who it was made for, thoughts/events while making it. Whatever you decided you would like to chronicle about the quilt.

Some buy journals, others scrapbook them, some use 3 ring binders... :D:D:D

Pommom 10-24-2010 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by amma

Originally Posted by Pommom

Yep, when you started, finished, who it was made for, thoughts/events while making it. Whatever you decided you would like to chronicle about the quilt.

Some buy journals, others scrapbook them, some use 3 ring binders... :D:D:D

Do you have suggestions or a format you use?

klgreene 10-24-2010 01:22 PM

My sister has one. She's used a 3 ring note book and has the pattern, picture, scrapes of material that she used. Writes who it's for,what encouraged her to do that particular quilt. I must admit, she is so darn organized. There just can't be two of us in the same family. So I just take pictures, write on the back the date. Bingo. So I guess if you are one of those orangized, neat type people and want to go to all that work...go for it. I have a 3 ringed notebook, with a trillion free download patterns. That's also my organization LOL.

Pommom.... Love your Pom's, I have three hair balls myself. Two of them look very similar to two of mine. And hair and all, I love them to death.

Pommom 10-24-2010 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by klgreene
My sister has one. She's used a 3 ring note book and has the pattern, picture, scrapes of material that she used. Writes who it's for,what encouraged her to do that particular quilt. I must admit, she is so darn organized. There just can't be two of us in the same family. So I just take pictures, write on the back the date. Bingo. So I guess if you are one of those orangized, neat type people and want to go to all that work...go for it. I have a 3 ringed notebook, with a trillion free download patterns. That's also my organization LOL.

Pommom.... Love your Pom's, I have three hair balls myself. Two of them look very similar to two of mine. And hair and all, I love them to death.

Thanks for the ideas!

And yes, I love my poms. They are my little "helpers" in everything I do at home!

klgreene 10-24-2010 01:25 PM

Forgot, she used plastic pockets that you can see thru, ones that a student might use at school. Hers has the big 8 1/2 by ll with a couple pockets on that. So three pockets all together.

Pommom 10-24-2010 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by klgreene
Forgot, she used plastic pockets that you can see thru, ones that a student might use at school. Hers has the big 8 1/2 by ll with a couple pockets on that. So three pockets all together.

wow....she does sound very organized! I would love to see hers!