Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What a great excuse to make two new quilts! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-great-excuse-make-two-new-quilts-t228068.html)

Buckeye Rose 08-16-2013 05:35 AM

What a great excuse to make two new quilts!

DH and I finally decided on putting down laminate flooring in the bedroom. The 70's shag has to go! But the silly people glued it down to the hardwood floor - absolutely insane! Sanding the floor to get the glue off is just not an option for us "old people". So we made a trip to Menards and came home with 10 boxes of laminate flooring - the kind that just snaps together and floats on the floor. And we also order two new twin beds! We are getting rid of our king size bed because it overpowers the bedroom and DH is like an octopus in bed...all arms and legs everywhere all night long! Now we need new bedding....LOL....what a great excuse to make two new matching quilts! He gets to pick the colors, I get to pick the pattern......so many options! Hmmmm.....I think a trip through the pics here for ideas.

Aria 08-16-2013 05:40 AM

The flooring sounds like work, but the quilts..... FUN!!!

tucsonquilter 08-16-2013 05:41 AM

What a great idea. I have been talking to my hub about getting twin beds because of my tossing and turning every nite and he says I wake him up often by doing that. However I noticed that the regular twin beds are quite a bit shorter than the king bed so we need to look for the long twins. Looks like shopping in the future for us also.

tessagin 08-16-2013 05:59 AM

My cousin was relentless in wanting to remove glued down carpet from hardwood floors. They were able to purchase Goo Be Gone by the gallon. Surprisingly it didn't take much. But they're in their 50s. They also had help from some family crafters. Thank goodness it was only 2 rooms. Not sure how much they purchased but to see it today, you would never know. Photos when finished Please!

Misty's Mom 08-16-2013 06:08 AM

Love the idea of new flooring. My DH and I got a split king bed. We can use the same frame and his restlessness doesn't bother me cause its like 2 beds shoved together and we still have the length of a king.

Nammie to 7 08-16-2013 06:48 AM

How nice to have a whole new room! You could do different quilts in the same color wave if you want to be really unique. Have fun.

Buckeye Rose 08-16-2013 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by Misty's Mom (Post 6237048)
Love the idea of new flooring. My DH and I got a split king bed. We can use the same frame and his restlessness doesn't bother me cause its like 2 beds shoved together and we still have the length of a king.

Love your quote about being an organ donor....my DH is a transplant recipient as well....2-1/2 years ago and still going strong....wouldn't be alive today without transplant!

Misty's Mom 08-16-2013 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by Buckeye Rose (Post 6237223)
Love your quote about being an organ donor....my DH is a transplant recipient as well....2-1/2 years ago and still going strong....wouldn't be alive today without transplant!

Congratulations to your husband !! What did he get? Mine got a right lung 4 1/2 years ago. He, too, wouldn't be alive today without it.

nativetexan 08-16-2013 08:19 AM

Hmmmm, I might cut an old king quilt in half and re-bind it! but yep, new is better!!!

Susanna10 08-16-2013 08:37 AM

Such a waste for a hardwood floor. They must of done this to be cheap. We sleep in 2 beds, too. I sleep on a waterbed and my husband want a regular mattress.