Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What a great quilt group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-great-quilt-group-t85287.html)

Qwiltylady 12-26-2010 11:55 AM

I just wanted to thank you all for being such a great quilt group! I though I would never find a good group again when my old group threw me out but I was so wrong! This group is better, friendlier, and much more helpful without the cliques that caused all the problems. Now I am so thankful my old group dumped me!

Happy Holidays to each and everyone of you and May the New Year be blessed with lots and lots of finished quilts!

erstan947 12-26-2010 12:06 PM

One thing I believe....there are no right or wrong when it comes to quilting. I feel this is an art and I am an artist.
There are many ways to get a completed project. The path I choose is my decision. I appreciate all the help and tips I find on this board. The support here is the best. My best to you and yours in the New Year.:)

Cyn 12-26-2010 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Qwiltylady
I just wanted to thank you all for being such a great quilt group! I though I would never find a good group again when my old group threw me out but I was so wrong! This group is better, friendlier, and much more helpful without the cliques that caused all the problems. Now I am so thankful my old group dumped me!

Happy Holidays to each and everyone of you and May the New Year be blessed with lots and lots of finished quilts!

Glad you're here! I love your avatar. Esp. the cat!

pab 12-26-2010 01:28 PM

Hello,welcome to you and your thoughts and input on quilting.Glad you could join us. pab

angelarose 12-26-2010 02:18 PM

Why on earth would you be kicked out of an on-line quilt group? Am I missing something here?
Of all the messages I've read, these replies all are encouraging, enlightening and courteous. Granted some people in this world don't know how to tactfully communicate, so we might have to give those folks a little slack, or ignore them, however all the replies here have been from folks who are sincere, tactful and downright pleasant.
The only difficulty I have with this all is I may not be following or replying as I should...what I mean is I'm computer illiterate, have no patience at times to find out if I'm even sending my replies correctly. I can't find anyone responding to my comments unless I write a personal message.
Anyway, welcome to the group!

Melinda in Tulsa 12-26-2010 09:46 PM

Welcome from Oklahoma! :)

Anne P 12-26-2010 10:48 PM

I am happy that you have found a place where you feel comfortable and welcome. I haven't been on the board very long, but have done a lot of reading of others' posts and am very impressed by the positive nature and support here.

AnnieH 12-27-2010 12:13 AM

Welcome from England. This group is fabulous. Nothing like it over here.
Annie

kateyb 12-27-2010 05:34 AM

I've never been on an online quilting group before. I have enjoyed seeing the pictures of quilts and all the good ideas and advice I've seen so far. I hope I can contribute constructively, too.

EskapetheNorm 12-27-2010 05:54 AM

I agree. This group of quilters is fantabulous! I was "kicked" out of an online group as well (for lack of participation). While I understand the need for housekeeping, sometimes life gets busy and you have to lay low for awhile. Welcome!