Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What happened to Liz Porter? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-happened-liz-porter-t50810.html)

sueisallaboutquilts 02-23-2011 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by one&only
It also states in the new magazine that the mom and daughter team really enjoyed learning the techniques on their new sponsor (Baby Lock) for the 1600 tv series. I agree that the daughter does not bring the appeal to the show that Liz did.
Wondering if Mary (daughter) is for the purpose of luring the younger generations into quilting.

That would be good though (luring the younger generation). I never watched the show but I just found it on my TV so I'm going to watch it.

jdiane318 02-23-2011 10:22 AM

Liz has another love called 'knitting' and she has been working on some patterns and magazine showcasing her talents there, too.

blossom808 02-23-2011 10:28 AM

Mary said her daughter will be with her in this series. the 1600 hundred series. Thats all I know.

katyquilter 02-23-2011 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by reader 0129
I saw one of the earlier programs this fall. They just said that she wanted to spend more time with grandkids.
Implied she was only getting out of the TV part of the business.

I recently purchased a babylock machine and the saleslady told me this also.

Rann 02-23-2011 10:29 AM

I read that Liz retired.

B Jane 02-24-2011 01:30 AM

They have said that Liz is retired - or semi-retired so she can spend time with the grandkids. I think I read that she has moved or is spending part of her time in Texas.
I think Mary is trying to appeal to new quilters.

redmadder 02-24-2011 03:23 AM

Simply Quilts went off the air because the ^%$&%$# at HGTV decided we all wanted to see more shopping for homes, selling homes, improving the back yard, etc. Kinda like WM getting rid of fabric so they can sell more makeup.

If the daughter lures more youngsters into quilting, that's great! Wouldn't their decisions be different if the CEOs of WM and HGTV had loved a quilt as a child?

Melinda in Tulsa 02-24-2011 05:53 AM

At least F & P is still on the air! What are we going to do for quilting shows when all these ladies retire if we don't have new blood coming in.

Julie in NM 02-24-2011 06:05 AM

Alex Anderson and Ricky Timm now have there own show on the internet but must JOIN in order to view their segments. I too really miss Simply Quilts. Saw it every morining and was a great way to start my day.

Only show I watch now is Eleanor. Noticed she's updating her techniques and incorporating precut fab. Last Sat she was using jelly rolls!

We no longer get F&P and only saw a couple shows with the daughter and not impressed at all. Sometimes change is good and sometimes things should be left alone.

erinsluck 03-21-2011 08:36 AM

I really dislike the daughter. She just turns me completely off. Because I am a beginning quilter I will continue to watch but they sure messed up. I liked the Bernina sponsorship. I love my Bernina. My dealer had both Bernina and Babylock and for me there was no choice but Bernina for a number of reasons. I had a lot of trouble with made in China, Taiwan with a D1 years back and I was determined never to deal with that again. Don't most of the sewing machine companies make similar attachments