Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What has been your experience using basting spray? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-has-been-your-experience-using-basting-spray-t134145.html)

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 06-29-2011 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I don't FMQ but I love spray basting. I use June Taylor basting spray from Walmart, it's only about $7.00 a can.

Me, too. No problems here.

b.zang 06-29-2011 09:28 PM

I first heard about it here, tried it, and LOVE it. No more crawling around on my knees and pins. I have both taped my top to a wall and sprayed on the batting and backing, and laid it out - both work equally well.

klc 06-30-2011 12:24 AM

I just started using it and what a difference! I love it. You do need to do it lightly or you will have a hard time laying it out. I also have to watch where I spray. I've gotten it on items not wanting to be sprayed. I now cover area around with small drop cloths. I also use coupons to help cut the price.

katier825 06-30-2011 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I don't FMQ but I love spray basting. I use June Taylor basting spray from Walmart, it's only about $7.00 a can.

I wish all the Walmarts carried it. I can never find it at any of the ones around here.

katier825 06-30-2011 12:55 AM

Love using spray vs pinning! My backs never have little pleats anymore! I never have a problem with overspray. I spray the batting lightly in a grid pattern about 6" apart, a section at a time, then smooth it over the fabric.

bigsister63 06-30-2011 02:12 AM

Do a search on spray basting. There have been other posts and many interesting answers.

mcdaniel023 06-30-2011 03:13 AM

I love it. I buy it at Joanne's whenever the notion wall is 1/2 off. That way I keep a stash. I think it is about $6.00 when it is on sale.

quilt1950 06-30-2011 04:53 AM

I love it. I was having a problem with over spray. Last time I put a few drop cloths on the garage floor, and sprayed there. Carefully carried it back in the house, and it worked great. I also tried spraying outside, which is fine, as long as there is no breeze!

charity-crafter 06-30-2011 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by MelodyWB
I love it..not the price of it..lol..then I discovered an Elmer's glue spray for 3.99 at Wal-mart (various other stores carry it) non-toxic..works like a dream..use it all the time!!

That sounds interesting. Which aisle is it in? I've never seen it.

I bought a can of 505, it cost $25 on sale and I'm afraid to use it because if I like it then I'll want to buy it again and if I don't like it I'll be irratated with myself for wasteing money. :?

amma 06-30-2011 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by MelodyWB
I love it..not the price of it..lol..then I discovered an Elmer's glue spray for 3.99 at Wal-mart (various other stores carry it) non-toxic..works like a dream..use it all the time!!

The spray I looked at wasn't washable, is this one? :D:D:D