Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What have you done lately to add a pretty touch to your workroom? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-have-you-done-lately-add-pretty-touch-your-workroom-t238377.html)

SouthPStitches 01-08-2014 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by kathyd (Post 6500216)
I cleaned up my cutting table!
Cut a bunch of scraps into usable squares and put them away.
Amazing what a little cleaning will do for the "prettiness" of a room.

Amen, me too!

GailG 01-08-2014 07:01 AM

I love to hear and see what others are doing to clean up, organize, and decorate their sewing area. It inspires me to do the same but I never can really get started. It is all so overwhelming. I make good starts but never seem to get beyond that. In my case, cleaning up makes such a mess!

Sewnoma 01-08-2014 07:02 AM

I vacuumed.

;)

My sewing room would probably give most of you fits - I am organized but I adore clutter. I get anxious in a space that is too neat - I feel all out of place and like I'm going to get into trouble if I move anything and I can NOT be creative in that mindset. So I have piles of fabric and stacks of batting scraps and jumbles of rulers and things (patterns, sketches, inspirational pictures, fabric scraps, paint chips...) taped to the walls and cupboard doors...and I love it in there. It's my messy little den of creativity! AND I know EXACTLY where everything is - if I cleaned I'd be hopelessly lost!

carslo 01-08-2014 07:18 AM

I resorted my stash, I pull colors out for projects or auditions and then just stack them on the side table - now they are all back in there color groupings.

judylg 01-08-2014 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Sewnoma (Post 6500459)
I vacuumed.

;)

My sewing room would probably give most of you fits - I am organized but I adore clutter. I get anxious in a space that is too neat - I feel all out of place and like I'm going to get into trouble if I move anything and I can NOT be creative in that mindset. So I have piles of fabric and stacks of batting scraps and jumbles of rulers and things (patterns, sketches, inspirational pictures, fabric scraps, paint chips...) taped to the walls and cupboard doors...and I love it in there. It's my messy little den of creativity! AND I know EXACTLY where everything is - if I cleaned I'd be hopelessly lost!

When I vacuum I feel that is cleaning enough. At the end of the day of sewing, I generally put away what is on my table. Have let it go before and there was no room to even cut. Find this works for me. For now anyways. Am enjoying reading what others do to tame the ever growing sewing necessities.

dunster 01-08-2014 07:49 AM

To pretty up my sewing room - I bought more fabric, and it's really pretty. :D Of course I haven't put it away yet. Can't find a spot on the shelves. The cutting surface is piled high with the fabric I've pulled to use on the next quilt - problem is, I need that space to start cutting. I like things to be neat, at least when I start a quilt, so I will have to get busy.

Mariposa 01-08-2014 08:35 AM

My big board could use a pretty cover. For now, I am working on ufo's, and making progress. I do plan to reorganize some of my shelves, to make more room for projects in containers. Vacuuming is a plus too! :)

Pam B 01-08-2014 09:17 AM

I got rid of the stationary bike that has sat in there for a few years. But I do find I miss hanging fabric on the handles and over the seat! Lol

cindyg 01-08-2014 09:28 AM

My husband stripped a 221 Featherweight and painted it dark purple for me so I put it on top of my fabric shelves for display. I can reach it so that when I want to use her I can get her down easily. She is so pretty and sews beautifully and she goes well in my lavender sewing room.

Rodney 01-08-2014 09:36 AM

Nothing. My sewing room and living room are the same place. We still have to take down the Christmas tree and I currently have an extra machine in there too. Maybe I'll get the tree down today. That'll at least free up a little space and make things less cluttered.
Rodney