Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What I did today...not quilting... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-i-did-today-not-quilting-t105225.html)

bjnicholson 03-06-2011 03:27 PM

So...do we get "after" pictures? Was there anything left? I was thinking about it after you posted. Today I baked I had on hand. Hopes it tastes as good as yours looked!

LoriEl 03-06-2011 03:30 PM

Looks yummy! I, also, have so many pans I'll probably never use them all. I do have the bowling ball and have used it quite a few times. The doll one got used a few times but never ot to ride a racecar!

grann of 6 03-06-2011 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by bjnicholson
So...do we get "after" pictures? Was there anything left? I was thinking about it after you posted. Today I baked I had on hand. Hopes it tastes as good as yours looked!

I didn't stay for the festivities so I didn't get to see the decimated cake. I use boxed mixes for the cakes. Nothing beats Betty Crocker for a moist cake. My DD made a yellow cake from scratch, and truthfully mine was moister and tasted better. I make the Wilton Buttercream frosting.

vwquilting 03-06-2011 03:47 PM

I love my kids even if they are in their 40tys we still have fun with stuff like that. Enjoy.

My daughter made a dalmation cake for her God child's 1 Birthday they still laugh at the pictures of their little black faces but more about the Black poops these 14 kids had the next day. LOL

grann of 6 03-06-2011 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by vwquilting
I love my kids even if they are in their 40tys we still have fun with stuff like that. Enjoy.

My daughter made a dalmation cake for her God child's 1 Birthday they still laugh at the pictures of their little black faces but more about the Black poops these 14 kids had the next day. LOL

Yeah, one year, when my youngest son turned 30, I asked him what kind of cake he wanted and he said he wanted one with black roses. He thought he was funny, but he got a cake covered in black roses. Wish I could find a pic of that one. My youngest DGD loves dogs and every year wants a dog cake. She always asks for a Gus cake. My Gus is a Rottie, so I tell her no one wants to eat a cake that is all black. So I make a Heidi cake. She is a blond Great Dane.

quiltpd 03-06-2011 04:01 PM

WOW ! My grandson would love that !

penski 03-06-2011 04:08 PM

that is one cool cake !!! im sure making this cake gave you more pleasure than quilting

craftymatt2 03-06-2011 04:15 PM

Oh what a beautiful memory, I do the same thing but not with a soccer ball, My DGS loves cupcakes made in Ice cream cones, I would make them and he would help decorate, I had all kinds of sprinkles and differant colored icing. This is how we make our memories. Your cake looks divine, I wish I could put my hand through the monitor and grab a piece.

Latrinka 03-06-2011 04:29 PM

Beautiful cake-looks yummie!!

vwquilting 03-06-2011 04:39 PM