Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What I do while posts & pics are downloading (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-i-do-while-posts-pics-downloading-t44745.html)

oksewglad 05-02-2010 08:08 PM

You guys are gonna laugh, but I have dialup which can be so slooooowww. Instead of playing solitare I have decided to do some handsewing--like finishing the binding on some little quilts--while pics and posts come up. Tonight got the binding on a mini done Yeah!!

amma 05-02-2010 08:25 PM

Great job on multi-tasking :D:D:D
I remember what it was like when I had dial up... wish I would have thought of this :wink:

Pinkiris 05-02-2010 08:26 PM

I thought that playing solitare was REQUIRED while waiting for stuff to download on dial-up!! I've been known to sneak a mini nap at times while waiting. I HATE DIAL-UP!!!!
It's the price we pay for living in the country, I guess.

Sue

Bobbinwinder 05-02-2010 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Pinkiris
I thought that playing solitare was REQUIRED while waiting for stuff to download on dial-up!! I've been known to sneak a mini nap at times while waiting. I HATE DIAL-UP!!!!

Sue

Wow, me too! But I don't hate dial-up nearly enough to move back to the suburbs... dial-up it will have to be for me...however, for enough money we could have satellite if I'd rework the fabric budget....NOT! I'm still happy with livin' in the country....whatever the price!

littlehud 05-02-2010 08:39 PM

What a great way to pass the time while waiting.

jbud2 05-03-2010 04:27 AM

Oh, the good old days of dial-up! Multi-tasking was King! I paid bills, cleaned the bathroom, folded wash, etc. I'm not saying things are stacking up, but there were pluses to dial-up!! LOL!!

raptureready 05-03-2010 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by Pinkiris

Sue

I don't know much about computers but can't you get wireless connection in the country?

sewmuchmore 05-03-2010 05:11 AM

We moved to the country in 1992 and could not get wireless connection until 2008. My sister lives 15 minutes from me and she can not get wireless. She and her husband are retired from Bell South and ATT. :shock: she will not go on line to check her mail because it takes so long. :x

LindaR 05-03-2010 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad
You guys are gonna laugh, but I have dialup which can be so slooooowww. Instead of playing solitare I have decided to do some handsewing--like finishing the binding on some little quilts--while pics and posts come up. Tonight got the binding on a mini done Yeah!!

I still play solitaire, go get coffee, go to the john LOL, anything to kill time

jbud2 05-03-2010 05:35 AM

Sue[/quote]

I don't know much about computers but can't you get wireless connection in the country?[/quote]

Where we live, we are 10 miles from downtown York PA and can't get wireless. So we were really glad when the phone company finally made some changes out our way. Hear later the changes came about because company employees out here made some noise.