Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What was I thinking? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-i-thinking-t197449.html)

Christine- 08-13-2012 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by lsb142 (Post 5437238)
I'm ironing it because I want to put it on comic book boards and some of it is too wrinkled to do that.

It is really beautiful fabric and I actually love playing with it.

Linda

Oops, didn't see this in time. You're on the right track! What a wonderful 'problem' to have though. Right? :D

Tartan 08-13-2012 06:23 AM

It will be a lot of work but who could pass up great fabric at a bargain price. This addition to your stash will keep you busy for years without the cost of new material. Green with envy.:hunf:

Deborahlees 08-13-2012 07:09 AM

I hope you washed them before ironing....heaven only knows where they have been and for how long.......

rj.neihart 08-14-2012 03:27 AM

Woohooo! Way to go! I'm sure the person you purchased the fabric from needed the cash, why else would anyone in their right mind get rid of so much?! Sounds like you hit a fantastic bargain - and you have deserved it! I always wash and then iron new fabric - important to me to know if it will fall apart or loose it's color before I make use of it. I've told myself the same thing...I'm collecting for retirement...and then I make use of it within a few days time. I know there will be more out there when I do become of age to retire! My DH says there is help for someone like me...but I doubt this is an addiction any can help me with!

calicojoan 08-14-2012 04:15 AM

Good for you! I colllect for retirement too, along with my next life time, which is how long it will take me to use all this stuff! :D

Yarn or Fabric 08-14-2012 04:18 AM

I've been there... getting a ton of fabric for a great deal. I have made out and also been disappointed with the fabrics I received. Normally it's on the sad side though. I think my fabric tastes have changed and now I've gotten picky with what I want to keep. I hope you make out on the happy side of the fabrics - it sounds like you are which is a great thing :)
You will be kept busy now!

WMUTeach 08-14-2012 04:21 AM

It must be a "Linda" thing. I am a Linda that keeps purchasing fabric thinking that in a few years not so very long from now, will be retiring and will not have the flexibility of funds to keep purchasing fabric like I can now. Good for you that you found a bargain! Keep ironing. Too bad I am not close by I love to iron!

Snooks 08-14-2012 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by lsb142 (Post 5436432)
I found an ad on Craigslist for quilting fabric. I met the lady yesterday and picked up 5 trash bags of fabric. I paid $100 but there is easily several hundred dollars worth of fabric there. I started ironing it to put it away. I will never finish and don't know where I am going to put it. I keep telling my husband I'm collecting fabric for my retirement on a little over a year.

Linda

Linda, You should just put the bags in the back of the closet (under the bed or behind the door), until WINTER. Your in Pittsburgh and the winters get cold, it will give you some thing to do when you don't want to get out in the cold. Just a thought. Snooks

dottiequilts 08-14-2012 04:32 AM

A year ago I saw an ad on craig's list for fabric. Called immediately and was told there was quite a bit of fabric, that I could come over to see it, and that it was his mother's stash. She wanted it to go to a quilter. To prove that, I brought several finished and unfinished projects. He gave me ten garbage bags of fabric, all quilt store quality stuff, for $100 (his price). When I thanked him and was loading my truck (gleefully) he told me that I wouldn't have had to bring quilts, the strings hanging on my black pants were just like the ones always hanging on his Mom's clothes! It turns out our tastes were pretty similar and I went from a small stash of two plastic tubs to this massive stash. When I am using her fabric I always hopes she approves of what I am creating with her legacy.

doodledo 08-14-2012 04:35 AM

I seen that ad and was wondering about it. Then I got busy in the garden and forgot. Great find!!!