Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What was I thinking!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-i-thinking-t282814.html)

luvspaper 10-06-2016 03:08 PM

That's going to be gorgeous!!! But gosh, that's a lot of seams in very small spaces!

RedGarnet222 10-06-2016 03:13 PM

That is looking so wonderful! YOu know you can do it. Your talent is already evident. Just keep going it will be so nice when it is finished!

I ran into a good deal on ebay one day and bought a partially cut batik bargello in the round, the book and the 10 degree ruler for less than the book and ruler would have cost. But, when I began looking at the pieces already sewn and cut, I about fainted! No wonder she gave up on it. LOL! Now being the frugal person I am, I am piecing together the eighteen different fabric wedges to make a whole cloth to play with. It is coming out okay, but omg, what a mess!

Dina 10-06-2016 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray (Post 7670479)
It looks good on the wall.

Maybe you are already doing this - but you could pin a number on each strip -

1 top, 2 top, 3 top, 4 top, etc.

I get things mixed up - even when labeled.

That is exactly what I did. I have things carefully labeled, but I still managed to reverse two of the colors. I have decided to just like the colors in the "new" order.

I am slowing down a bit. That should help. :)

Dina

Becky's Crafts 10-06-2016 04:20 PM

I'm working on my very first Bargello quilt. It's a Christmas table runner. I read the directions about 57 times before it finally sunk in what they were trying to say! I feel your pain with the little strips, because I have some that are cut at 1"!! If I can do it, you can too!! ;-) Good luck & please post your finish!!

Cotton Mama 10-06-2016 05:02 PM

Just think of the old saying: How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.

You can do this! It will be so gorgeous. Think of how proud you'll feel when it's done.

ube quilting 10-06-2016 05:19 PM

Keep going Dina, remember to take a few breaks so you don't get tired and start to make mistakes. You are working on a complicated pattern and it is sewing up wonderfully.

Take a deep breath, have a brownie break, take a walk to recharge your soul. Most of all enjoy the doing.

Love how far you have gotten.
peace

Dina 10-06-2016 07:15 PM

Again, thanks everyone for your encouragement. This project may teach me patience, something I always have wished that I had. Tomorrow I plan on sewing the 17 strips together and then start cutting the next 17. We'll see if I have set too large a goal. :)

Dina

joe'smom 10-06-2016 09:05 PM

You can totally do it! It looks so beautiful, I've decided I will have to make a bargello quilt. Whatever the order was you switched, I think it must have been a happy accident, because I can't imagine it looking better than this.

sewverybusy1 10-06-2016 11:31 PM

Just stunning!!! You most certainly CAN do this!!! What you have so far almost ( in small tentative voice here) makes me want to try one. Stress 'almost' please!!! I am no where good enough or patient enough to deal with all of those lovely colors in one quilt. You are really rockin so far!
sewverybusy1

DebbieJJ 10-06-2016 11:34 PM

Dina, remember......you've made up your own patterns before on bargellos, and they turned out beautiful. You CAN do this! Just take your time and don't forget to breathe!