Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What inspires your quilting? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-inspires-your-quilting-t274871.html)

PAKate 01-23-2016 09:31 AM

What inspires your quilting?

I so enjoyed the recent thread asking what your favorite gadget is. I have learned so much from this wonderful board about alot of things. Who would have thought about cinnamon? Now, my question to you - who or what inspires your quilting? Alot of my inspiration comes from online sources. My top 3 websites are The Quilting Board, Quiltsville Quips and Snips and the Missouri Star Quilt Co. Some others that I follow are Crazy Mom Quilts, Ivory Spring, Lizzie Lenard Vintage Sewing, Dining Room Empire, My Quilt Infatuation, Quilting is my Therapy, and Stitched in Color. Please share your inspiration.

ManiacQuilter2 01-23-2016 09:37 AM

I would say Google Images.

Tartan 01-23-2016 10:08 AM

I have a few blogs I follow. Quiltville of course, l love Quiltcam. Amy's site www.freemotionquiltingadventures.blogspot.com/ for ruler tips. Lori Kennedy's site www.theinboxjaunt.com/ for ideas. Angela Walters site www.quiltingismytherapy.com/and Judy's site www.greenfairyquiltsblog.com QB members www.podunkpretties.blogspot.ca and Geta's site www.cadouri-din-inima.blogspot.com
Pinterest is also a good picture source and of course my best inspiration comes from all our Quiltingboard members. Hope all my addresses work.
:)

mom-6 01-23-2016 10:31 AM

I get inspiration all around me. Tile floors or walls, peoples clothes, posts on Facebook (not necessarily quilting related) you name it!

DresiArnaz 01-23-2016 10:55 AM

I like to look at pictures on this board. I'll probably never be as good as most of the other members, but I'm having fun trying.

My favorite site right now for inspiration is Quilters Cache.

I'm doing a Buckeye Beauty that is built around some fussy cuts from a few wild shirts I bought at the thrift store.

Trying to do something slightly different with each quilt.

I'm doing the stained glass BOM and might try the Splendid Sampler to try and stretch and hopefully improve on my skills.

Pennyhal 01-23-2016 10:58 AM

I go to the fabric store and walk around. Sometimes I see a fabric that I just love and that inspires me to make a quilt with it. It just "talks" to me.

lisalovesquilting 01-23-2016 12:17 PM

Magazines and blogs.

Watson 01-23-2016 12:36 PM

Stained glass windows, (I'm working on a wall hanging using that method) travelling, (My next quilt will be based on a carpet I saw in Turkey) and particularly beautiful batiks that I run across, (Then, I have to find a pattern for them!)
Whenever I see a pattern I like on the internet, I save an image of it in a special file so I can always go back and look through my favourites again when it's time for a new project.

Watson

PAKate 01-23-2016 12:45 PM

Thanks, DresiArnaz, for telling us about Quilters Cache. From there, I found Miss Sews-it-all. Great site and she collects vintage machines. This is so much fun!

Jan in VA 01-23-2016 12:51 PM

Pictures of quilts: here, google images, American Quilter Magazine, show-and-tell at guild, advertisements, etc. :)