Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What iron do you have????? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-iron-do-you-have-t94846.html)

pab 01-29-2011 10:41 AM

Rowenta,professional,have had for almost 20 yrs.made in germany & no problems pab

gale 01-29-2011 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by davidwent
I'm not saying this to ruffle anyone's feathers it's just my opinion I can't see spending so much money just for an iron. I have a 7 dollar proctor silex from walmart and it works great.
David

I thought the same thing-until I bought a good iron. HUGE HUGE difference.

rivka 01-29-2011 11:59 PM

I've had much better luck with cheap irons, because then when they go bad, you're not out as much. I spent $18 on my current Black & Decker, and it's lasted for a year now.

gaigai 01-30-2011 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by gale

Originally Posted by davidwent
I'm not saying this to ruffle anyone's feathers it's just my opinion I can't see spending so much money just for an iron. I have a 7 dollar proctor silex from walmart and it works great.
David

I thought the same thing-until I bought a good iron. HUGE HUGE difference.

Amen!!! And like I said, my Krupps was bought in 1994, and doesn't sputter or spit, just even steam or dry heat.

sarahconner 01-30-2011 12:26 AM

I had a Rowena for about 3 yrs (I had knocked it over on the floor many times). I just recently purchased a SHARK and a small Sunbeam one for classes. What I would really like is to find one at a thrift store (from the 50's -70's), that when U turn it on it gets really hot, and stays hot.

jaciqltznok 01-30-2011 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by lisalovesquilting
I have a Black and Decker that has lasted 20+ years! Have been looking for a small iron for retreats, classes, etc. Just bought a Rowenta from JoAnn's but haven't got it out of the box yet.

take it back while you can they are serious leakers!

I have a black & decker from Wm that was a REmake of an older iron..wow..is that good...aside from that many find that buying the older irons from thrift shops works better...todays irons just do NOT hold up to prolonged use! another way to keep you buying..and keep our landfills full!

frarose 09-17-2011 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok

Originally Posted by lisalovesquilting
I have a Black and Decker that has lasted 20+ years! Have been looking for a small iron for retreats, classes, etc. Just bought a Rowenta from JoAnn's but haven't got it out of the box yet.

take it back while you can they are serious leakers!

I have a black & decker from Wm that was a REmake of an older iron..wow..is that good...aside from that many find that buying the older irons from thrift shops works better...todays irons just do NOT hold up to prolonged use! another way to keep you buying..and keep our landfills full!

I had 2 Rowentas over the years. Never had a leakage problem. I had the Pro one. They finally just burned out. This time I bought a cheap one to tide me over until I ordered an Oliso. the cheap one worked and that is about all I can say for it. Love the Oliso.