Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What I've learned about Quilting.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-ive-learned-about-quilting-t219906.html)

jeanharville 04-25-2013 10:28 AM

Somehow I missed the one on the cookie sheet. I can't narrow it down to just one or even a few tips and techniques. Everything I know about quilting I learned here or on youtube. I love this board and the internet. I haven't met a "french model" yet.:D

scisyb220 04-25-2013 02:33 PM

I've learned that no matter what question I or another quilter comes up with, some great quilter or lots of quilters will have information on how to solve it! I've found links to sites and resources that give me inspiration, directions, and encouragement. And I've found access to a community of caring, giving people!

Puddin57 04-25-2013 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by jeanharville (Post 6025586)
Somehow I missed the one on the cookie sheet.

I think the cookie sheet one is probably one I discovered on my own. Whatever I make has been too big for the floor, so I've had to use the dining room table and I found that pressing down on a cookie sheet when using the Elmer's glue method helped me. Smoothing with my hands worked to some extent, but the glue and the polyester filling didn't really come in contact unless I used the cookie sheet, just like an iron - but without the heat, which would melt the polyester filling - it works for me!

Txsuthrn 04-25-2013 02:49 PM

Somehow I missed the one on the cookie sheet. I can't narrow it down to just one or even a few tips and techniques. Everything I know about quilting I learned here or on youtube. I love this board and the internet. I haven't met a "french model" yet.:D

Lol love this! I have learned everything I think I know from this board!

Txsuthrn 04-25-2013 02:50 PM

Lol love this! I have learned everything I think I know from this board!

Chis2 04-25-2013 03:29 PM

I learn something new almost every day from here. I have also been inspired to try new things by looking at the many pretty quilts pictured on here.

Nammie to 7 04-25-2013 05:53 PM

There is so much to learn and so many techniques to try - there isn't just one way to do anything - you just have to pick the way that makes sense to you.

sewingsuz 04-25-2013 06:39 PM

I had not heard about the cookie sheet, but now I just thought about using my wooden rolling pin. I wonder how that would work? I have learned a tremendous amount, I use to write it all down the first few months, and look at the notes and laugh and say to myself "why did I write that down?"

charsuewilson 04-25-2013 11:31 PM

Glue basting. I'd tried the glue stick before, but it got stuck to everything including my hands.

Sandi 04-26-2013 03:27 AM

I think the Quilting Board is a great place and like everyone else I have learned so much more, especially lately. The cookie sheet is new to me too. I find quilters are very generous with their info and time and that is true on this board and in other places I have been with quilters.