Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   what kind of batting do you all use and where do you buy it? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-kind-batting-do-you-all-use-where-do-you-buy-t165102.html)

susieqgc1 11-02-2011 06:33 AM

what kind of batting do you all use and where do you buy it?

I was just wondering what kind of batting you all use. I buy mine from JoAnn when they have a 40% off coupon. I'm sure there must be a better place. I don't have a business liscense so I can't buy it wholesale. Any ideas?

Lori S 11-02-2011 06:40 AM

I am a fan of Warm and Natural or Warm and White , but also like Hobbs 80/20 . My JoAnns stopped carrying the Hobbs 80/20 so the the coupons and sales make the Warm and natural my go to choice. I wait for the 50 percent price.
Buying bulk online sometimes is not the most economical way once the shipping gets added .

tuesy 11-02-2011 06:41 AM

I also buy W&N at JoAnn with a coupon, or when there is a sale on Amazon. This next week JoAnn's will be having a sale on batting again and if you have a military ID you'll get an extra 20% off in honor of veterans day. :)

Crafty1 11-02-2011 06:43 AM

I love Warm and White and use coupons at JoAnn's as much as I can!

ShirlinAZ 11-02-2011 06:43 AM

I use W&N and get mine from JoAnn also. When they have a 50% off coupon I buy as much as I can afford. I get the 90 inch wide, which I think is the best buy for my $$. I've looked online and not been able to find it any cheaper. Plus, by the time you pay shipping it is more $$.

rwquilts 11-02-2011 06:45 AM

I like the Warm & White and like to buy it when it's on sale at JoAnn's

QuiltnLady1 11-02-2011 06:53 AM

I like Warm and White. Did not see the sale in the Joann's brochure. There is a 25% off coupon off on everything you buy that is good Nov 4-6 which means that you can go to the special sale that starts Sunday and get $$ off.

Scissor Queen 11-02-2011 07:00 AM

I wouldn't use Warm & Natural if I could get it free. It's just too stiff if you do very much quilting. I like Hobbs heirloom 80/20 for most quilts and Quilter's Dream poly for kids quilts and wall hangings. I buy Hobbs by the case from Hancocks of Paducah. I have a roll of Dream Poly I'm still working on using up and when it's gone I may consider another roll.

Juliebelle 11-02-2011 08:45 AM

I use Warn and Natural, it is my favorite and it works up really well, I usually buy at Joann's when it is on sale and try to stock up ( I buy at least 2 every time)

Prism99 11-02-2011 09:18 AM

I also find the drape of Warm and Natural too stiff. It also seems heavy to me when used in a large quilt. My favorite batting is Mountain Mist Blue Ribbon 100% cotton because it's thin and flat and gets softer with every washing. It is harder to find than it used to be, though; just ordered some from Harriet Hargrave's website. My second favorite batting is Hobbs 80/20. It is soft too, and a little puffier than MMBR. I would not recommend MMBR for hand quilting, but Hobbs 80/20 is great for either machine or hand quilting.