Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What might this be????? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-might-t128971.html)

Furza Flyin 06-08-2011 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by pdcakm
don't know what is in the box but i am sure it is wonderful. after all it is from mom. congrats and enjoy.

the 29th is my granddaughter's 13th birthday. wish she would want a sewing machine. it would make my life easier. haven't a clue what she wants this year.

happy pre-birthday.

Fingernail polish in the brightess hues and makeup.

sueisallaboutquilts 06-08-2011 09:43 AM

Don't you dare call the store or I will tell on you! LOL :D:D
Can't wait to see your prezzie!!

MrsM 06-08-2011 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by mtnative
Hope it is not a vacuum as that would be really hard to sew with :) Seriously, though the package size certainly looks about right for a sewing machine. Post pics when it arrives. And Happy Birthday early.

Thanks for the smile
I hope it is the sewing machine of your dreams.

blueangel 06-08-2011 10:02 AM

Hope it's a sewing machine.

emelem 06-08-2011 10:24 AM

I'm betting on a sewing machine. I think that a box for a serger would be smaller and not weigh as much. Please let us know.

fryguymoore 06-08-2011 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by mtnative
Hope it is not a vacuum as that would be really hard to sew with :) Seriously, though the package size certainly looks about right for a sewing machine. Post pics when it arrives. And Happy Birthday early.

I can't tell you how disappointed I would be with a vacuum!!!!! We just replaced our carpet with hardwood :)

amma 06-08-2011 10:34 AM

Gotta love Mom!!! :D:D:D

fryguymoore 06-08-2011 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Carol's Quilts
While trying to figure this out, don't forget to leave room inside that box for a lot of styrofoam packing - you know - those big pieces that are formed to fit around the item the box.

I don't think it can be a vacuum (unless it's one of those where all the pieces fit into a small box but when all put together it "builds" a regular vacuum), but I was thinking the same as fabric whisperer - embroidery machine or serger. But you can probably figure it out. Is your sewing machine old? Have you mentioned you'd like a new one? Have you complained that it doesn't do this function or that function? Stop and think about your conversations with mom. We moms can be really devious sometimes and pick up on every little thing we hear!

But you know - sometimes a real surprise is so much better!
Happy Birthday, and let us know what you get!

I know - this has been a real help, right?

Of course I have complained!!!!!! My machine is so old it doesn't even sew straight with the walking foot on. It has no "needle down" position. The number of my complaints is quite high :) I told her that I can't save up to buy a new one because I would rather buy fabric.

I will be sure to post what is actually in the box. AND, I will not be waiting until my birthday - that would just be mean.

Jammin' Jane 06-08-2011 10:41 AM

I feel your excitement! I'm sure your Mom will come through for you...she knows exactly what you're yearning for!!!
Antipication..............

Only 3 weeks to go!!
Happy Birthday!

butterflies5518 06-08-2011 10:46 AM

ooooo suprises! happy birthday to both Dawns and have a wonderful day!