Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What is the most unique way you have hung a wall hanging? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-most-unique-way-you-have-hung-wall-hanging-t263413.html)

JNCT14 03-31-2015 12:01 PM

What is the most unique way you have hung a wall hanging?

1 Attachment(s)
I posted a wall hanging in Pictures - its an appliqued lighthouse piece. Its pretty but what I really liked was the way I hung it - I used plastic fishing bobbers, which I sewed to the top of the wall hanging and then attached to a wood dowel using jewelry clasps and picture hook screws. It spurred my imagination and now I am thinking of other nifty ways to hang a wall hanging outside the traditional loops, corners or sleeves.

So, fellow quilters - what cool ideas have you come up with? Post pictures! Here's mine....

JNCT14 03-31-2015 12:22 PM

To start us off, I am thinking about using 3D crocheted flowers to hang a pretty whirligig pattern. Another idea of course is glass beads or seaglass....

Hulalulu 03-31-2015 12:34 PM

Made a Christmas wall hanging from a panel plus some borders last year, and increased the size just right to hang over a frame near my dining room table where it will show off nicely. Used ribbon, safety pinned at the correct angle on the top two corners -- is slips over the frame. When the season is over, away removed the pins and put away until next season.

CarolinePaj 03-31-2015 02:46 PM

2 Attachment(s)
For my City & Guilds I designed and created a wall hanging from a picture that I took at a rock concert...... I hung the hanging from the neck of a guitar with guitar strings!!! I have posted a picture.....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]515471[/ATTACH]
Wall Hanging

[ATTACH=CONFIG]515472[/ATTACH]
Original Image

hugs

Caroline

Pat G 03-31-2015 02:48 PM

Clever hanger

What a cute idea. You are so clever. You might paint the dowel light blue to match your sky. Now I feel challenged to get creative the next time I hang a pc.
After looking at your hanging again, how about painting the dowel black. It would make the bobbers stand out more.

fairydawn 03-31-2015 03:17 PM

I made my son a wall hanging several years ago with fish on it, it also had a few lines/hooks hanging in between the fish. I hung it on a vintage fishing pole. He loved it!

lynnie 03-31-2015 04:18 PM

caroline love how you hung your quilt awesome look.

I love the fishing bobbers. great interesting way to hang a quilt.

JNCT14 03-31-2015 05:12 PM

Guys I love this! I thought about a fishing pole but the WH is too small. Once I came up with the idea of interesting hangers I started prowling the aisles at Walmart - the outdoor aisles, the toy aisles, the automotive aisles...and I started going through my crochet magazines.....oh boy!

JNCT14 03-31-2015 05:13 PM

WOW Caroline!!!!!

DACO48 03-31-2015 05:29 PM

I am working on a western PP, saddle, hat and boots so far. It is a block of the month by Linda Hibbert. When I finish it I am planning on hanging it on a long branding iron that my Grandpa branded his cattle with. I also plan to do the quilting with brands from the valley where the ranch is located.