Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What pattern would you use with these 8 inch blocks. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-pattern-would-you-use-these-8-inch-blocks-t120066.html)

xraytechluvs2quilt 05-01-2011 09:01 AM

3 Attachment(s)
My now 13 year son came to me and ask if I could make him a Wilderness Quilt. I was so happy to know that one of my 4 boys wanted a quilt made by mom that I put all other projects to the side. Found embroidery designs that I wanted to use and now the only problem is the pattern. Also the colors that I have for the other blocks are browns and greens. Do you think I should add another color or just use what I have picked out. Any advice or suggestion is much appreciated. I hope everyone has a blessed day!! :)

mimom 05-01-2011 09:09 AM

wow, it that beautiful. You have some really great fabrics to go with it. As far as a pattern, I couldn't help you.

GrannieAnnie 05-01-2011 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by xraytechluvs2quilt
My now 13 year son came to me and ask if I could make him a Wilderness Quilt. I was so happy to know that one of my 4 boys wanted a quilt made by mom that I put all other projects to the side. Found embroidery designs that I wanted to use and now the only problem is the pattern. Also the colors that I have for the other blocks are browns and greens. Do you think I should add another color or just use what I have picked out. Any advice or suggestion is much appreciated. I hope everyone has a blessed day!! :)

What about an attic window?

dunster 05-01-2011 09:15 AM

Beautiful blocks. I would stick with the browns and greens, but add a deep forest green. As far as pattern, I have no clue. I think I would look through my collection of pictures from quilt shows, also on the internet and in books, until I found something to build on.

RUSewing 05-01-2011 09:17 AM

how beeautiful! If this was for my son, I'd stay pretty monotone, that is, use the browns in different shades with only a pop of another color - maybe the yellow in the eagle's eye. Then I'd set it simply so as not to distract from the embroidery blocks!

scrapykate 05-01-2011 09:28 AM

What fun!! maybe boarder each block with different colors and then assemble with wider boarder between, maybe a pinwheel in the corners.... love the colors you picked out, know he will love it. post a pic when your finished.

belmer 05-01-2011 09:29 AM

Definately use Greens and tans and browns and maybe some fabric with pine branches ans pine cones to give it that "Woodsy look. I can just see those blocks and that fabric working into a beautiful Northwoods quilt! But I would omit the zebra! Just my opinion....

Jan in VA 05-01-2011 09:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A wilderness needs trees -- maybe done with isoceles triangles in a border over piano-key border for the trunks.

Jan in VA

irishrose 05-01-2011 10:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attic Windows is a good idea. I am doing a simple quilt with blocks and colored strips for my next prayer quilt. If the strings show in the picture, that's why. I don't tie my own quilts. I have the pattern and can probably find the website if you need it. As usual, the colors are off. The green leaf fabric is a pretty olive and the rust batik leaves are a vibrant rust, not red.

Ducky Prayer Quilt - unfinished (no binding)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]191591[/ATTACH]

PamB8s 05-01-2011 10:53 AM

I really do like the colors. They are going to be stunning together.