Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What quilt patterns could be labeled as a wedding quilt? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-quilt-patterns-could-labeled-wedding-quilt-t85715.html)

koko 12-28-2010 09:08 AM

I will be making a wedding quilt for my son and his fiance this year. I do not wish to make the double wedding ring as I made that a few years ago and do not wish to repeat the same pattern. Do you have any suggestions for patterns that might be appropriate as a wedding quilt?

Cathie R 12-28-2010 09:16 AM

Lover's Knot comes to mind. It may have another name. It's an old pattern; you can probably find it on Quilter's Cache web site.

Hinterland 12-28-2010 09:20 AM

I think you can make any pattern you want - what makes it a wedding quilt is the occasion and your intention.

janRN 12-28-2010 09:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I did this pattern called Rain Forest Rings. I think it would be very pretty done in pastels or whatever colors you prefer to use for a wedding ring quilt.

raptureready 12-28-2010 09:33 AM

Judy Martin's "Monet's Wedding Ring" would be different than a regular double wedding ring---all straight lines. Eleanor Burns has a book out for the Lover's Knot
Her Day and Night quilt is beautiful too.
Just make sure and find out what size their bed will be and what colors they're going to have in their bedroom. After that almost any pattern would work other than Broken Dishes, Bachelor's Puzzle, or things like that. (LOL)

ckcowl 12-28-2010 10:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
my daughter's wedding quilt is a stained glass dragonfly quilt...and she sure thinks it is appropriate as her wedding quilt...in my mind any quilt you make...with the bride and groom in mind and give as a wedding gift is a wedding quilt...never thought about only specific patterns being ...
appropriate...
guess i don't pay attention to some '''rules?"'''

Theresa's Dragonflies
[ATTACH=CONFIG]149010[/ATTACH]

grendelskin 12-28-2010 10:32 AM

I too think that any pattern can be a wedding quilt as long as you execute with love. (I probably wouldn't use Contrary Wife blocks though, just in case!)

sueisallaboutquilts 12-28-2010 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Hinterland
I think you can make any pattern you want - what makes it a wedding quilt is the occasion and your intention.

I totally agree with this. :thumbup:

Tcharlie 12-28-2010 11:28 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by koko
I will be making a wedding quilt for my son and his fiance this year. I do not wish to make the double wedding ring as I made that a few years ago and do not wish to repeat the same pattern. Do you have any suggestions for patterns that might be appropriate as a wedding quilt?

I too have TWO weddings in the summer of 2011 that I am working on. I am planning on doing a quilt with embroidery along with quilt squares to make a wedding quilt.

sistahdebbra 12-28-2010 12:24 PM

I have three young grandkids (15,10 and 8) and I have started working on one wedding quilt. It's not the double wedding ring, but will be a combination of traditional blocks and a little bit of my own thing thrown in. I would like to finish all three just in case I'm not around for ocassion.