Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What quilting book have you added to your library recently? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-quilting-book-have-you-added-your-library-recently-t49179.html)

BellaBoo 06-11-2010 08:49 AM

I bought these in the last few months:

1. 5500 Quilt Block Designs by Maggie Malone
2. 365 Foundation Quilt Block by Linda Causee
3. Stellar Quilts by Judy Martin
4. Scraps by Judy Martin

I will buy Bonnie Hunter's books this month but they will be for a gift. I buy her books as soon as they are available!

Ginakra 06-11-2010 09:57 AM

eightylady, for charms and/or jelly rolls, take a look at:

Jelly Roll Quilts
Layer Cake, Jelly Roll, and Charm Quilts

both by the Lintott women. I love both books.

raptureready 06-11-2010 11:39 AM

I went back to the garage sale and to another one. Today I got;
A Quilter's Christmas, by Marti Mitchell
Two Color Quilts, Better Homes and Garden
The Practical Encyclopedia of Quilting & Quilt Design, by Isabel Stanley and Jenny Watson
Acorn Hollow, by Nancy Halversen
Collections One, by G. Kimmel, L. Brannock, J. Patek
Patchwork and Quilting, Applique, and Rug Making all Better Homes and Gardens books
And lastly, The Quilted Garden by Jane A. Sassaman
All for only $10.50

And I forgot that while at the Carol Doak workshop I bought her 40 Bright & Bold Paper-Pieced Blocks for $5 from the lady right next to me. I guess she wasn't enjoying paper-piecing as much as I was. LOL

raptureready 06-11-2010 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I bought these in the last few months:

1. 5500 Quilt Block Designs by Maggie Malone
2. 365 Foundation Quilt Block by Linda Causee
3. Stellar Quilts by Judy Martin
4. Scraps by Judy Martin

I will buy Bonnie Hunter's books this month but they will be for a gift. I buy her books as soon as they are available!

Oh, how I would love to find some Judy Martin books. So far my garage sales, Goodwill, estate sales, etc haven't had any.

Pam 06-11-2010 12:40 PM

OK< are you ready? Remember I just went to the Paducah quilt show and went to the AQS "Hurt Book Sale" so these were either 5 or 6 dollars each.

6 books on medium and short arm quilting (patterns)
Quilted Elegance and Folded Fabrics by Rami Kim
Stellar Journeys (mariner's compass type)
Bear's Paw, new quilts from an old favorite
A Floral Affair

shequilts 06-11-2010 12:52 PM

More importantly, I just got them all into my database, so I can tell what I have. I can find them by author, category, title and even value. woohoo!

raptureready 06-11-2010 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by shequilts
More importantly, I just got them all into my database, so I can tell what I have. I can find them by author, category, title and even value. woohoo!

How do you do this? What type of program are you using? Is it a spreadsheet or something else? It soulds like something I would like to do but maybe a winter project.

shequilts 06-11-2010 06:38 PM

I used a simple works spreadsheet. It took me an afternoon to get them all logged and valued.

raptureready 06-11-2010 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by shequilts
I used a simple works spreadsheet. It took me an afternoon to get them all logged and valued.

Thanks, I might do that some day but it would take me WEEKS. I've got hundreds of mags and books.

shequilts 06-11-2010 07:44 PM

I haven't catalogued my magazines, maybe another day. I have just under 200 books right now.