Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What quilting related items have you had to sneak in the door? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-quilting-related-items-have-you-had-sneak-door-t65411.html)

Boscobd 09-18-2010 10:30 PM

No sneaking for me either! My DH is very supportive of my hobby and the road goes both ways in our home.

LittleMo 09-18-2010 10:57 PM

I dont have to sneak anything in, but I would have some explaining to do if I bought home another machine. With him being a sewing machine technician, he knows which are good or not. I dont.

He did get me a Elna Lotus a few years ago and I have not used it yet. (I can hear the Aussies groaning :)) I just stick to my Vikings for everything. However if and when I retire and I get to go to quilting days, I will dust off the Lotus then.

MegsAnn 09-19-2010 02:33 AM

I have to sneak in (and hide well!) anything that I want to make for HIM. Otherwise, it's open-book. I just hate to spoil the surprise. Plus he spends waaaaay more on his cars so what do I really have to be sneaky about?

mic-pa 09-19-2010 02:35 AM

I have no problem with all my quilting stuff. DH is an enabaler in that he goes with me, encouages me to buy what ever I want and asks me "is that all you want" he is a keeper. I do not have a lot of fabric cause I learned over the years there is always new fabric lines coming out and I want the newest. I also have three Janome's, my lastest being the 10001 and I love them all.

leatheflea 09-19-2010 03:38 AM

He knows how impulsive I can be when i comes to quilting. I think he takes a daily inventory now that I'm unemployed. I have been known to leave purchases in the tool box of my truck for a few days or until he's not home.

weatheread 09-19-2010 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk

Originally Posted by weatheread
I had to sneak in a new Janome 3160 a couple of weeks ago there are so many machines in my sewing room he hasn't noticed the new one yet

LOL

Unbelievable, did you hide it under your coat as you walked past him?

no I have a sewing house so I just took in in there after class one night he was already asleep

Chasing Hawk 09-19-2010 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by MegsAnn
I have to sneak in (and hide well!) anything that I want to make for HIM. Otherwise, it's open-book. I just hate to spoil the surprise. Plus he spends waaaaay more on his cars so what do I really have to be sneaky about?

Well, that is different !..haha Gifts for hubby and money on cars. I admit we are guilty of both. But, neither one of us can't sneak a car or truck in. Without the dogs alerting everyone with a ten mile radius.

Chasing Hawk 09-19-2010 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk

I had to sneak in a new Janome 3160 a couple of weeks ago there are so many machines in my sewing room he hasn't noticed the new one yet

LOL

Unbelievable, did you hide it under your coat as you walked past him?

no I have a sewing house so I just took in in there after class one night he was already asleep

Too funny, I have visions of you quietly shutting your car door, low crawling across the yard, lugging a machine into your sewing house.

Emma S 09-19-2010 07:47 AM

No one to sneak past here. My family sometimes gives me the fish eye when something arrives in the mail when they are visiting. I use my stash as a threat. Anyone out of favor gets threatened with getting "THE STASH".

BellaBoo 09-19-2010 11:05 AM

I can't imagine ever having to sneak a purchase pass DH unless it's for a surprise for him. I would never live with anyone that made me feel like I would have to. That's not a marriage, it's a stuckage.