Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What quilting related items have you had to sneak in the door? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-quilting-related-items-have-you-had-sneak-door-t65411.html)

cathyvv 09-19-2010 09:17 PM

I don't sneak anything in...as someone else said, I don't want to live that way. The exception is when I'm sneaking in a gift for him, but we've been married for almost 28 years and have resorted to buying our own gifts and telling each other about it. I do make him wrap mine, though!

My sweetie-pie has started rolling his eyes when I bring home fabric, though. I just say, 'Well, you wanted me to have a hobby!" And he walks away. He had no idea how much this hobby can cost, but he is finding out!

wvdek 09-19-2010 10:06 PM

I don't sneak anything except gifts for him. I too, do not live that way. Not worth the aggravation, stress, and for me, it would take the enjoyment out of using the fabric or whatever.

Loris 09-20-2010 01:28 AM

Here in Aussie we have a store called Spotlight which I visit when in Brisbane or Toowoomba - my hubby and our Friend Bob come with me in Brisbane - they walk with me and wait while I decide if I can afford to spend or not. I have never snuck anything yet and I dont intend to - very open relationship - when the wallet is empty it is empty for both of us - One wallet in this house - my hubby is always wanting tools for his shed and his hobbies so it equals out over time

19angel52 09-20-2010 01:50 AM

Oh DH knows the extent of the ole stash...and shows friends my sewing area - with pride. And sneaking? Nope - not good for a marriage at all.

Stitchnripper 09-20-2010 02:31 AM

I guess I never thought about sneaking anything. Him either. Would hate that!

fabricfairy 09-20-2010 02:47 AM

In my house I have MR PLOD the fabric policeman ,
even the girls at the fabric shop know him
as MR PLOD , it is so funny I wont take home the
bright yellow bags they put things in
because they standout like neon lights I have it hidden in places your can only dream of , but I love it love it love it ............and I am not going to stop.

BethD 09-20-2010 02:52 AM

I think my DH is aware of how much fabric I have since I keep them in large see-through plastic drawer containers but I know he doesn't know how many sewing machines I have (4)!!!!!

uniquelynancy 09-20-2010 03:30 AM

I'm so lucky! My husband encourages me in every way to make what I like. He's even been trying to find new machines for me!

Moon Holiday 09-20-2010 03:50 AM

In 46 years I have never even thought about hiding any purchase from my husband.

Ripped on Scotch 09-20-2010 03:51 AM

oh he knows how much is in there, He had some choice words for it when we moved and there were move boxes of fabric the for 3 other rooms in the house but its ok. I go into my sewing room and he goes and plays PS3 so we have a system all worked out.