Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What sewing/quilting bad habit have just never been able to break? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-sewing-quilting-bad-habit-have-just-never-been-able-break-t178000.html)

BarbsCA 02-04-2012 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan (Post 4938965)
Wow, I believe I am guilty of ALL of the above :o

Me too LOL

BarbsCA

par4theday 02-04-2012 09:20 PM

ripping the seams out, without using the seam ripper. Sometimes the opposite seams come undone, so I have to resew them. I know its a bad habit, but its faster. I also wait too long to change a rotary blade. Probably wait too long before changing the needle too.

Taino Jan 02-04-2012 09:27 PM

I'm guilty of almost all of the above. But I have to add another. I got a new, fancy machine with a button to push to move needle up and down and I still rotate the wheel by hand. Have to remind myself not to touch anything but buttons.

nancia 02-05-2012 12:16 AM

this would go a lot faster if you asked me my good habits. i don't have any. i was a home ec teacher and always claimed professional exemption from the rules.

Just Me... 02-05-2012 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by breezyquilts (Post 4938547)
I sew over pins
I keep starting new projects even though I stopped counting at 29 ufo's
I am sure there are more but I will have to contemplate on that :^)

I'm guilty of starting too many projects at one time, too.....

Marni 02-05-2012 05:09 AM

Pins in the mouth, starting new projects before others are finished, having to buy every new gadget that comes down the pike (my lqs loves me!) untidy library (stash)

Panchita 02-05-2012 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by purple_butterfly (Post 4943283)
Also-
And most embarrassing-
I've been sewing since I was at school and I'm yet to learn that if I want the machine to stop I have to take my foot off the pedal. Yelling 'stop' doesn't work :o (Lucky I don't drive a car like that!)

Denise that is absolutely the best comment ever! Love it. Maybe there is a gap in the market: voice-activated sewing machines? They're voice-activating everything else, so...

:)

PghPat 02-05-2012 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by bj (Post 4938690)
I think my most persistent bad habit is forgetting to turn off the iron. My bad habit I seem to have conquered is misplacing my tools. Now they all have a place to live and I make sure they go "home" when I'm done with them.

BJ.........you could try plugging ONLY your iron and a small lamp or night light into a strip and turning the light on. You will know when your leaving the room that you havent turned the iron off if the light is still on. Sure has helped me.

Carolndanny 02-05-2012 05:40 AM

I must admit I have not changed my rotary blade either. Quilting instructor tells that you need to change the blade after each quilt, I find that a little much. Also my biggest habit I need to stop is, I cut my pieces out for either a sewing or quilting project and will leave it next to the machine for a week or two maybe a little longer I have to change this habit.

sherryl57 02-05-2012 05:45 AM

OMG,I have not admitted to anyone I have that many,also.You gave me courage to fess up.So many quilts,so little time.And,I am thinking about starting another one...............But,I will finish that one..........NOT!