Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What solids line is this from? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-solids-line-t259977.html)

charlottequilts 01-19-2015 04:24 PM

What solids line is this from?

1 Attachment(s)
Hello- I found this FQ at the LQS but no accompanying bolt. From the picture, can anyone identify the fabric line? It doesn't feel like Kona. The ridges are perpendicular to the edge. I have looked through google images endlessly, but can't get a clue. Thanks for looking.

hugs,
Charlotte

MFord 01-19-2015 04:28 PM

Sorry, wish I could help. Have you talked to the people at the shop? They might know. Or, have you considered finding a similar color in another fabric line, where you can get more? Good luck!

charlottequilts 01-19-2015 04:36 PM

Hi, Margaret - there were 2 employees working, and I was the only customer because of rotten weather. Weirdly, there were only 10 bolts of solids in the entire shop (and this was KQ). A few FQ were hanging up, one of which was the right color. No one was very interested in identifying it. ( the shop has changed a lot, and not in a good way). I was hoping the grosgrain-type selvege might ring a bell with someone, and I could work from there.

charlotte

Tartan 01-19-2015 04:54 PM

It kind of looks like the fabric that someone posted this week where they were having trouble cutting on the straight of grain? See if you can find that thread and compare?

Peckish 01-19-2015 04:58 PM

Well, if it was a good quality LQS, then I'd wager it was either Kona or Moda Bella. Let me check my Bella selveges, see what they look like.

eta: Nope, sorry, my Bella selveges look nothing like that. I'm out of ideas.

charlottequilts 01-19-2015 05:14 PM

Tartan, I couldn't see the selvege in the picture and suspect that my ipad closeup may have made the fabric look coarser than it is. It's actually smoother than Kona and lighter weight. Peckish, thanks for helping me eliminate the Bella. That really helps.

hugs,
Charlotte

FabStripper 01-19-2015 05:15 PM

I wonder if they didn't want you to know the name of the fabric? It seems very strange that they won't tell you the name. I think you should be able to go back there and insist that they tell you so you know. If they bought it they will know who they bought it from.

charlottequilts 01-19-2015 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by FabStripper (Post 7055045)
I wonder if they didn't want you to know the name of the fabric? It seems very strange that they won't tell you the name. I think you should be able to go back there and insist that they tell you so you know. If they bought it they will know who they bought it from.

you're right, of course, but this is Keepsake and because they have a warehouse, often the shop employees claim that they have no idea, i.e., this is what they send us. (The shop and warehouse aren't far apart, in a small town, not like one is in Peru.). Keepsake offers various solids groupings by color online but doesn't name their origin. You have to be lucky enough to see the bolt. I have a second fabric that I'm looking for, purchased there, with this same selvege. If I can find the group, I'll have more luck running down the colors.

hugs,
Charlotte

Sandygirl 01-20-2015 03:51 AM

There are lots of top name solid collections. Do you need more of this fabric or are you just curious as to brand?

Sandy

ManiacQuilter2 01-20-2015 05:31 AM

There are so many fabric manufacturer's that are now producing solids color lines. In the old days, there was only Moda and Robert Kaufman.