Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What Techniques have you used to HIDE-N-SNEAK fabric in the house? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-techniques-have-you-used-hide-n-sneak-fabric-house-t108372.html)

shequilts 03-17-2011 09:41 AM

No hiding here. I pay for everything with plastic. He pays the bill at the end of the month. Great deal!

arbed31 03-17-2011 09:45 AM

I don't sneak fabric because it is a given that I will come home with fabric. If I don't bring any fabric home, they ask what happened. LOL

fatquarters 03-17-2011 09:47 AM

My DH is an enabler, He is always telling me to go buy, I often say no because I already have more than I can catch up on. He gets pushy though, and I buy to keep him happy. THEN in a short time a package will arrive for him, he buys a little or big something for himself!!! What's good for the goose....

He tells me to buy To shut me up when he shops....Gotta love it

Come to think of it, My DH is probably using some of YOUR hide and sneak methods!!!!!!

Butterflyblue 03-17-2011 09:47 AM

My DH doesn't care how much of my money I spend (we each have our own allotted amount for spending) or how much fabric I buy, as long as I don't let it clutter up the house. Clutter he objects to.

MadQuilter 03-17-2011 09:52 AM

My husband is an enabler. He always finds things that he thinks I MUST buy. No sneaking necessary. But I think Lisa BOyer has a wonderful story about where to put the stash in her "Stash Envy" book. Only a true quilter will understand.

Claddaughquilting 03-17-2011 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by shequilts
No hiding here. I pay for everything with plastic. He pays the bill at the end of the month. Great deal!

Does he have a brother? Just kidding, my husband doesn't care....happy wife, happy life....I have enough stash guilt for both of us.

quiltinggrandmaca 03-17-2011 09:55 AM

My DH doesn't care either, he spends his money on what he wants and I spend his money on what I want. lol

charity-crafter 03-17-2011 09:59 AM

Mine just looks at me sadly and looks at my already large stash and shakes his head. I guess he doesn't understand that the 5 shelves of fabric I already have doesn't contain the right combinations.

Since I use most of my stash for charity sewing, he just says, "save the receipt"

But I don't want him to be bothered by what I spend so it tends to come into the house in the grocery totes-the fabric ones you can't see through.

bamamama 03-17-2011 10:09 AM

I just buy when I have a project.

grugirl 03-17-2011 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by fatquarters
My DH is an enabler, He is always telling me to go buy, I often say no because I already have more than I can catch up on. He gets pushy though, and I buy to keep him happy. THEN in a short time a package will arrive for him, he buys a little or big something for himself!!! What's good for the goose....

He tells me to buy To shut me up when he shops....Gotta love it

Come to think of it, My DH is probably using some of YOUR hide and sneak methods!!!!!!

This sounds very familiar. Husband just told me to buy the hutch I want to go with my other one in the kitchen for $100. I called the guy and am leaving shortly to pick it up for my birthday. Then, I get out of the shower and hear his voice come from the livingroom. Hey, I am placing an order on Amazon for some climbing tools... they are probably gonna cost over a $100. LMAO...

"Fine, I say... sounds good, do I get to add to that order?"
Sure he says, I am looking for your PT step thingy...
And I am laughing in the Bathroom, I was thinking 2 books on Dating Fabrics I have been wanting. Ba ha ha ha