Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   what time of the day do you get the most sewing/quilting done? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-time-day-do-you-get-most-sewing-quilting-done-t23557.html)

Boston1954 08-01-2009 07:28 PM

If I go to bed at a nice normal hour, instead of watching television until 2am, I get up nice and early and get lots of things done, and not just quilting either. It makes me feel so great. I have been in my sewing room as early as ten minutes before 7 in the morning.

littlehud 08-03-2009 08:07 AM

If I have a day off it's late morning and early afternoon ( before DGD comes home). If it's a workday it's late at night.

mytwopals 08-03-2009 09:13 AM

Mainly evenings and some on the weekends.

adrianlee 08-06-2009 07:59 AM

Afternoons and into the evening. If hubby gets to be a wee bit under foot, I'll go get one of his favorite movies and pop it into the player, sit with him until the movie gets rolling and then I'll head to my sewing room. He never even misses me then. Or find a channel that has car stuff. It's really great when NASCAR has something going like races. I can hear hubby in the living room cheering some driver on. I'm happy and he is happy. Then it's sew and sew and sew.

mochasue 08-06-2009 08:18 AM

I work full time also, so usually in the evening as I'm preparing dinner I work in a few stitches. Then while it's still light late I will sew after dinner until about 8pm - 8:30pm.

If I don't work on Sat. at my husbands store I will sew after house cleaning and preparing meals for the week.

nana2 08-06-2009 09:06 AM

With DH retired, a grand daughter who sews with me, the only time I really get to do my own thing in the sewing room is when GD is in school and I go on strike as far as cooking, laundry, or house cleaning. LOL

shaverg 08-06-2009 09:07 AM

As I get older and until I get my ott floor lamp, I do my actual hand quilting during the day so I can see better. I use to sew at night too, but have to get that ott light.

Jim's Gem 08-06-2009 09:10 AM

I work outside the home 3 days a week so most of my sewing is done in the evenings. Especially Sunday evenings, DH is a pastor and runs the college group on Sunday nights. I am home alone and usually try to spend it sewing, or here on the computer.

bearisgray 08-06-2009 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by shaverg
As I get older and until I get my ott floor lamp, I do my actual hand quilting during the day so I can see better. I use to sew at night too, but have to get that ott light.

you will enjoy having it. that light makes such a difference

joannl 08-06-2009 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
I usually sew at night.
It's calm in the house. Nothing needs to be done and I can hide away. Sometimes I forget the time and greet the sun coming up. oops! lol

Same here, (although the "nothing needs to be done" never happens at my house!)

Jo