Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What type of a Quilter are you? Let's Chit Chat! ** ( Enjoy!) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-type-quilter-you-lets-chit-chat-%2A%2A-enjoy-t52362.html)

IBQUILTIN 07-05-2010 10:30 PM

all of the above with the exception of folk art. Doing a lot of applique right now getting ready for a personal challenge

shequilts 07-05-2010 10:55 PM

I seem to keep evolving, but always going back to traditional. I love familiar old blocks, and not bright fabrics. Applique seems to occupy my time of late.

earthwalker 07-05-2010 11:09 PM

All but 6 and 8....not keen on fusing anything and kits just are not my thing. My two favourite "forms of reference" or inspiration are to check out the work of the Gees Bend and Tutwiler Quilters, I also have a keen interest in early quilts of Australia called "Waggas". How ever I am in danger of getting nothing done if I keep checking this board every five minutes!

zz-pd 07-06-2010 12:01 AM

I guess I am all of the above except kit. God bless. Penny

quilterguy27 07-06-2010 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Kieta
is there an ADHD quilter category? that would be me. constantly distracted by other patterns, fabrics, quilt forums and rarely follow pattern directions as written.

I knew I couldn't be the only one, LOL! This describes my quilting habits to the "T".

grammypatty7 07-08-2010 11:58 AM

I'm a traditional hand quilter - more conservative than the today's machine quilter. I prefer to work with templates although I will use the rotary cutting when needed for shashing and projects that requires it. I also prefer to use scissors for my cutting. My preference is samplers and patchwork and although I believed I didn't have a style have definitely seen a Patty style evolve over my 46 + years of learning how to quilt and still learning.

Betty Ruth 07-08-2010 06:07 PM

Guess one could say that I'm a crazy quilter who does everything possible on the machine. I say crazy quilter because that my favorite quilts are what my mother called "crazy quilts". She used whatever fabric was available and seldom had a particular pattern in mind. I much prefer the old traditional patterns to the more complicated modern ones. I use the mach ine exclusively because of medical problems, arthritis and MS.

watson's mom 07-08-2010 06:11 PM

1, 2, 6, and 8. Send mine out to be quilted and love fusible machine applique for kids quilts.

stpatmom 07-08-2010 06:39 PM

traditional, hand, and machine, but would love to be a folk quilter too! Overall, I'm a blessed quilter! I'm learning how to think through my problems and pray and give thanks while I'm quilting.

the old one 07-09-2010 04:21 AM

Lovely message, about using the quilting time as meditation moments. I often have stitched myself into a better frame of mind, listening to favorite music while the needle moves through the quilt. piecefully, the old one