Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What Walmart sells Fabric Central Ohio?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-walmart-sells-fabric-central-ohio-t111202.html)

familyfun 03-27-2011 12:00 PM

I live in central OH around Columbus. I dont know of any that sell fabric anymore. If anyone out there lives in the area can you tell me if you local walmart sells fabric?

QuiltnNan 03-27-2011 12:04 PM

there is no fabric in Bloomington or Eagan MN. however, I had to go to jury duty in Hastings MN and the Super WM across the street from there does sell fabric. I think the department was smaller than the Eagan store used to be before their remodeling.

lavenderfire 03-27-2011 12:20 PM

hi I live in southern ohio (wheelersburg) and our walmart sells fabric. we would be about 2 hours from you.

Beth Dishong 03-27-2011 12:29 PM

The Walmart in Canal Winchester sells fabric in 1 and 2 already cut yards. They have plain and prints, there may be 15-25 diferrent kinds to choose from. I did find some really cute juvenile fabric to make summer dresses for my granddaughter. I also heard that they were going to get even more in. It may already be there. I haven't been back for a couple of weeks. It seems to wash up nice so I was a little surprised at that. I wish they would go back to the way it was before but, this is better than nothing.
They also have quite a few different configurations of fat quarters and 5" cut squares. Unless you are looking for something particular I would say that WalMart in Canal would be a good place to look. If you have any other questions I can try to answer them, just ask.

milp04 03-27-2011 12:39 PM

Report of WM down the road in Ohio.

The WM located in Huber Heights right off of I-70 has changed and has this set up as well. Nothing like before. The JoAnns in HH has also been closed. We are fortunate to have Sulphur Grove Quilt Shop. We are fortunate to have several other quilt shops in the general area as well.

If you want to visit JoAnns there is one in Dayton/Trotwood/Salem Mall area, and then Beavercreek and the Dayton Mall areas. There is a Hancock Fabrics in Kettering between Beavercreek and Dayton Mall.

You might also notice that JoAnns and Hancocks are also started to have the pre-cuts on their shelves.

The marketing heads think they know what we'll buy, but they're not sewers or quilters. I want to buy the fabric in the yardage I want and it's typically not 2 yards.

Pam M

sueisallaboutquilts 03-27-2011 01:14 PM

None in Columbus that I know of.

ohiobuckeye 03-27-2011 03:02 PM

Coshocton, Ohio....east of Columbus still has a fabric department. It is bolts of fabric. Was there about 3 weeks ago and they had just gotten in some spring fabric. They also have coordinating lines and quilt patterns to use those lines.

snow 03-27-2011 03:10 PM

The one on Maple Ave in Zanesville ohio has a bunch of fabric never lost it.

nett2 03-27-2011 03:11 PM

Circleville, OH isn't far from you. I was there a couple of days ago and they still have fabric on the bolts. Their dept. is in the middle of the store instead of in the back like most. It isn't as big as our fabric dept. in Chillicothe either.

lovingmama 03-27-2011 03:55 PM

Grove City, which is close to Cols still sells fabric. Just give them a call to make sure.