Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   what is wonderful about quilting : ) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-wonderful-about-quilting-t110239.html)

Diana Lynne 03-24-2011 06:13 AM

I am really loving quilting and learning how to quilt..And what is so wonderful about it..Is that each quilt, quilter is an individual ..No 2 quilts are alike..Either by design or how the quilting is done..Something will always be different..Learning from all of you has been awesome and I look forward to learning more each day..Keep up the good work..

Grama Lehr 03-24-2011 06:20 AM

Ditto!! I really like to see all the different ways to make a single pattern!!

GrammaBabs 03-24-2011 06:24 AM

agreed... and there are no more supportive people in the world than quilters.... most always willing to share and be positive..many more "free spirits" are joining in... makes the creativity flow...
I think i mentioned before, but sharing again, my motto..

"No mistakes,,, only creative opportunities"... ;-)

jmabby 03-24-2011 06:37 AM

How do you get over seeing your mistakes? I keep taking things apart, it takes forever to complete something. I know, my sister said "Only God can make something perfect" but I would like to get somewhat close.

Diana Lynne 03-24-2011 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by GrammaBabs
agreed... and there are no more supportive people in the world than quilters.... most always willing to share and be positive..many more "free spirits" are joining in... makes the creativity flow...

I like your quote :wink: I look at the mistakes that I am making and all I can think is that is " that this is me" I always try my best but I have learned long time ago that I am far from perfect and so therefore what I make or do will not be perfect..but, it will be me..

mtspools 03-24-2011 07:00 AM

I agree and this site is the BEST!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Dolphyngyrl 03-24-2011 09:12 AM

I love that it is so relaxing when i have had a hard day

jmabby 03-24-2011 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Diana Lynne

I like your quote :wink: I look at the mistakes that I am making and all I can think is that is " that this is me" I always try my best but I have learned long time ago that I am far from perfect and so therefore what I make or do will not be perfect..but, it will be me..

OK, I will try to train myself, again. Maybe then I can get something done. I like your thought about not being perfect, but it is you.

Painiacs 03-24-2011 04:44 PM

Just have fun! Did you know quintets used to deliberately make a mistake in a quilt? Yep, those mistakes are deliberate on my quilts! That's my story and sticking to it!!

CarrieAnne 03-24-2011 05:41 PM

I agree!