Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   what would you do with these? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-would-you-do-these-t103314.html)

Yorkielover5 02-27-2011 05:06 PM

I like the dark print sash, too. It contrasts with the white nicely.

jaciqltznok 02-27-2011 05:15 PM

3 Attachment(s)
here I replaced the 9P with the Quatrefoil block. I love the lattice look it gives!

snowballs and quatrefoil blocks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]116185[/ATTACH]

the original laylout snowballs & 9P blocks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]116379[/ATTACH]

the blocks so you can see the real flowers not the EQ6 applique ones!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]116585[/ATTACH]

jaciqltznok 02-27-2011 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Its Me Marsye
I would send them to your new best friend.......ME! LOL

these blocks have made me lots of new friends...which is why I have not shown them to anyone around here..hehhe

Need to get pix of the SBS blocks next.

I work estate sales for a company and when there is sewing/quilting stuff, they always call me in! Though these blocks were bought at a different companies sale. I would have paid 3 times what I did pay for them that is for sure....felt like stealing paying only $8.00 for them!

Bluebonnet Sue 02-27-2011 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
here I replaced the 9P with the Quatrefoil block. I love the lattice look it gives!

WOW these are such beautiful blocks & such a treasure. So glad you found them & rescued them. Can't wait to see what you do. Like the 0P w/the Quatrefoil. That's very nice. Hand quilting for sure & cross-hatching sounds perfect.

Bluebonnet Sue 02-27-2011 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Its Me Marsye
I would send them to your new best friend.......ME! LOL

these blocks have made me lots of new friends...which is why I have not shown them to anyone around here..hehhe

Need to get pix of the SBS blocks next.

I work estate sales for a company and when there is sewing/quilting stuff, they always call me in! Though these blocks were bought at a different companies sale. I would have paid 3 times what I did pay for them that is for sure....felt like stealing paying only $8.00 for them!

$8 was a steal! I purchased a SBS top for $1.50 once & felt the same way. Like they say "One man's trash is another man's treasure." Works for me!

rslindiana 02-27-2011 05:49 PM

I would do a narrow pieced sashing in greens plus all of the flower colors so it's a total celebration of spring. I would not do solid green sashing because the flower colors are so multi dimensional I'm not sure a solid color sashing would really compliment the depth of color in the painted blocks.

IT_Nana 02-27-2011 05:55 PM

Personally, i think the Colored Garden pattern posted by BigSister63 would be perfect for those blocks. Just a simple sashing around the block creates a frame and doesn't detract from the beauty and detail of the images.

Shirlrh 02-27-2011 06:08 PM

Oh so very pretty!! It will be lovely when you are done. I would sash with a light color so as not to detract from the block.

jaciqltznok 02-27-2011 06:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by IT_Nana

Personally, i think the Colored Garden pattern posted by BigSister63 would be perfect for those blocks. Just a simple sashing around the block creates a frame and doesn't detract from the beauty and detail of the images.

the floral blocks I have are only 9" and the sashing alone would not make a queen size quilt for me bed!

Alondra 02-27-2011 06:18 PM

What a lucky find that was! They are absolutely beautiful. Don't you wish you had the mother's sisters' blocks, too?