Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What are you doing this morning??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-you-doing-morning-t202433.html)

JustAbitCrazy 10-06-2012 03:02 AM

No quilting for me today. Going to a Civil War reenactment. First time for me, so I'm excited to go.

117becca 10-06-2012 03:03 AM

Sorry about the shoulder hurting!!!

Pat625 10-06-2012 03:05 AM

I love the rug!! How exactly do you do this?? I have scraps all over because I hate to even throw out the littlest piece!
Today, I want to work on some purses for a craft show and Christmas gifts. I need to go shopping for some supplies to finish items for my Secret Santa and ornament exchange. I was going to try to clean my bedroom where I work, biut figure I wil just mess it up all over again....maybe after the show??

Just Me... 10-06-2012 03:17 AM

I spent some time this morning going through my quilting magazines to find another board member info for the French Farmhouse quilt I did. Well, low and behold--the only thing I found was MORE projects I want to do! Ugh! LOLOLOL

luana 10-06-2012 03:24 AM

Rise and Shine! Good morning everyone, no quilting for me today. We are going to state marching band contest. It's 32 degree right now, so I will be digging out the winter coat. I love organizing my sewing room. Feels so good to get things in their place. Sorry about the shoulder pain, that's not fun. Hope you are on the mend soon. Until then, we are always here for you.

happyquiltmom 10-06-2012 03:25 AM

Looks like Locker Hooking, not latch hook. The tool looks like a large crochet hook with an eye in the end. We carry a book at the LQS where I work, entitled "Fabric Locker Hooking" by Kathleen Carpenter. She gives step-by-step instructions on how to do this technique. It's a great way to use up your crappy WM fabric.

Atomicdog 10-06-2012 03:54 AM

Quilt show today!! Can't wait to see and be inspired! Luana - I LOVE marching band comps - had 2 kids involved back about 10 years ago and it's just a great way to be out enjoying a day - have fun and good luck!
Cindy

davis2se 10-06-2012 04:01 AM

I will be finishing 2 round, fall table toppers and a matching wall hanging. Just need to cut and sew the bias binding for them all. Then I need to figure out how in the world to hang the wall haning. It is a large 1/2 circle, or arced cut, and I am going to hang it over our fireplace insert, on brick. If anyone has any good ideas on how to do that, I'd sure appreciate the input. Otherwise, have a great Saturday y'all.

jeank 10-06-2012 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by Atomicdog (Post 5565471)
Quilt show today!! Can't wait to see and be inspired! Luana - I LOVE marching band comps - had 2 kids involved back about 10 years ago and it's just a great way to be out enjoying a day - have fun and good luck!
Cindy

Quilt show for me today also.

Two grand daughters are in band and going to a band festival today. I guess this is the season for that. They are waiting for marching band season to be over.

HillCountryGal 10-06-2012 04:16 AM

Ruler method?
Guess I haven't heard of that. Anyone care to explain? Thanks..

There's so much I want to do today. Finishing up a quilt for 14 year old grandaughter. Also, have the bug to clean, sort and organize. Don't guess I'll get much done sittin' here visiting with y'all. So...... :cool: