Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What are you doing this morning??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-you-doing-morning-t202433.html)

carolaug 10-06-2012 08:19 AM

Nanna up North with the cold snowy weather...I would love to see some of your rugs that you have made.

Originally Posted by nanna-up-north (Post 5565562)
It sounds like all of you are going to be busy today.....me,too. I woke up to a dusting of snow here in the UP.... beautiful. .... wish I could just sit and enjoy..... but.. we are headed to a book sale and fiber fair this morning, then we'll come back home to watch football games and baseball games. I'll be working on a lap quilt for my great nephew as well.

I love those locker hooking rugs.... they make my ugly fabric disappear. I made one rug with a bear in the middle for our cabin and another rug is just lots of different fabrics. I'm planning on doing another one this winter with a fish in the center.... again to take to the cabin. But, I turn the outside edge in and do 4 rows all the way around. I don't have to make any kind of border that way.

You all go have a wonderful Saturday.

carolaug 10-06-2012 09:29 AM

this is my first rag quilt...what I find it is alot smaller when you sew them together...

carslo 10-06-2012 09:35 AM

I just sat down with my coffee after cleaning all of the house except the 2 bathrooms. Today will not be a sewing day for me, we are having our friends in to play bridge, the a pizza and salad dinner. Also DH favourite cousin is coming from VA on Wednesday fro 10 days (thus the reason to clean the house from top to bottom) we will be taking her to Las Vegas next w/e - so I am afraid there will not be too much sewing taking place for the next couple of weeks. I know I will go into withdrawal, but I will be able to knit some dishclothes for Xmas gifts while visiting in the evening.

TanyaL 10-06-2012 09:54 AM

We bought a new car that has a clearance too low to go over a cement ridge under the gate to our property so today my husband and I are going to be breaking up cement! Lots of exercise. Then I am going to paint, read and get our clothes ready to go to church tomorrow.

Central Ohio Quilter 10-06-2012 10:07 AM

GOOD GRIEF! What are all of you doing up in the middle of the night? ;-))

What I am doing today is making vegetable relish from all of the leftover vegetables cleaned out from the garden yesterday. We pulled or picked green tomatoes, carrots, red and green peppers, cabbage, onions. Cutting them all up today and letting them sit overnight in salt. I will be canning it all in pint jars tomorrow.

I will be quilting tonight, after DH goes to bed.

Learner747 10-06-2012 10:08 AM

Guests tonight so I have dinner in the oven and a clean kitchen. Babysitting daughter's dogs while she goes to yard sales; and for me I'm cutting fabric for making a One Block Wonder. Oh, yeah. I'm also waiting for the furnace man to come.

donac 10-06-2012 10:18 AM

Dh is away camping. This morning I sewed the main squares for a laptop. I spent an hour hand quilting a quilt.

I was up at midnight and couldn't get back to sleep until at least 2 and then I was up at 5 so I just took a 20 minute nap. I have to go clean up the kitchen.

I want to cut and sew the D9P top together and then hand quilt some more.

I do have to run to grocery store and pick up a prescription.

Have a great day everyone.

nanna-up-north 10-06-2012 10:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by carolaug (Post 5566037)
Nanna up North with the cold snowy weather...I would love to see some of your rugs that you have made.

This is the only one I can show you right now. I made it about 5 years ago and it still washes up just fine. It is at the back door so it gets lots of use. The other one I made is at my son's house, down state. And, I really want to make one with a fish to bring up to the cabin next spring.

Pam B 10-06-2012 10:58 AM

Love it! Now that I think about it, I think the LQS I go to had a class to do something similar several years ago. I did not have time to do the class but I bought a book. Think I will search for it later on!

damaquilts 10-06-2012 11:50 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Everyone is so busy.. I just got on the board after my nap. lol .. So far today I did take the dog for a walk, get 2 pkgs. ready to mail out on Monday and give the dog(and me) a bath.
This is what was in the one pkg I mailed out. The other was a Willie Nelson doll that a friends dog had gotten ahold of and I repaired.
I have to give a big thanks to Dawn from the board who made my labels for me..