Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What are you doing this morning??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-you-doing-morning-t202433.html)

chamby 10-07-2012 04:58 AM

Working on one of the quilts I am giving as a Christmas present and then going to Church.

Morag 10-07-2012 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by Sunnye (Post 5565706)
Visiting my son in Charlotte for his 25th birthday!

I'm a nurse..... on call until 1pm to-day , then off to Danville,Va to visit with my daughter who had her 42nd BD Thursday.
We'll be on I 77S toward Charlotte.... We'll be with her and GK'S a few days then off to 4 day quilt camp:):)

carolaug 10-07-2012 05:06 AM

4 day quilt camp...that sounds like a blast!!!

Originally Posted by Morag (Post 5567926)
I'm a nurse..... on call until 1pm to-day , then off to Danville,Va to visit with my daughter who had her 42nd BD Thursday.
We'll be on I 77S toward Charlotte.... We'll be with her and GK'S a few days then off to 4 day quilt camp:):)

Morag 10-07-2012 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by Happy Tails (Post 5567670)
Did I tell ya work is over-rated???? Cuz that's what I'm doin today!!! It really does interfere with my quilting!!!

I am making a rag rug right now but mine is on a frame and the fabric strip are woven into each other. A quilt guild member is teaching a few of us how to do it... her hubby made the frames for us...fun to learn :):)

canuckninepatch 10-07-2012 05:19 AM

Today is thanksgiving Sunday in Canada, and my DH and I have just put the stuffed turkey in the oven, and I'm making a make ahead gravy that I read about in the Canadian National Post newspaper. Family are coming at 1. Ca n't wait to get my hands on my grandson (almost 1 year). God is good, and Ihave so much to be thankful for.

Caswews 10-07-2012 05:20 AM

Hmmm a new idea for me to do (the rug .. thanks !) We went up to scout out a camping spot for DH and our son in law to go hunting. Saw a most beautiful bluebird almost a neon blue that kept following us around. Wish it would of lit long enough for me to take a picture-it was so pretty ...Wore our poor avatar out-she is still sleeping this am Sunday. She was so tired when we got home it was all she could do to eat and then go crawl on her spot on the couch !LOL

Phannie1 10-07-2012 05:32 AM

(Sunday Morning) I quilted and sew all day yesterday so I have to start with cleaning my house today. Then I will go to the fair and pick up my quilts and ribbons there. I will also meet my friend to pick up a quilt she quilted for me. Then my husband will be back home from work and need to spend a little time with him. He will have to go to a meeting at 6 so I will then spend the rest of my time sewing and adding binding to the quilts I have to finish them up.

First: I will have another cup of coffee and read the Quilting Board for a few more minutes..... Good morning all.

pollyjvan9 10-07-2012 05:33 AM

Just finished FMQ "My French Hens" (picture is PICTURES). Have two quilts I have decided I need to do a little more quilting on. Going to try to finish those today.

carolaug 10-07-2012 05:43 AM

I have a latch hook frame my Mom gave me and I went to Lowes and bought strips of carpet tack for $2.00 and then valcro it to my frame. Works great...you can get a latch hook frame for 30.00 on amazon or on craigs list pretty cheap. Works great for the larger rugs. For small placemats I just use my lap.

Originally Posted by Morag (Post 5567935)
I am making a rag rug right now but mine is on a frame and the fabric strip are woven into each other. A quilt guild member is teaching a few of us how to do it... her hubby made the frames for us...fun to learn :):)

carolaug 10-07-2012 05:44 AM

Yummy,...can I come to your house today?

Originally Posted by canuckninepatch (Post 5567972)
Today is thanksgiving Sunday in Canada, and my DH and I have just put the stuffed turkey in the oven, and I'm making a make ahead gravy that I read about in the Canadian National Post newspaper. Family are coming at 1. Ca n't wait to get my hands on my grandson (almost 1 year). God is good, and Ihave so much to be thankful for.