Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What are you going to do today????? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-you-going-do-today-t154080.html)

Chicca 09-19-2011 05:44 AM

After I finish reading posts on the board....hee, hee, hee...I have got to do some housework. Then the remainder of the day will be spent cutting fabric scraps into squares. I am getting so close to completion!

May in Jersey 09-19-2011 05:57 AM

DH and I are 'resting' after a long trip out of state on Sat. to visit grandson for his 11th B-day and an even longer trip home on Sunday. Glad I washed and ironed fabrics for black and white log cabin quilt before I left so after my 'rest' this morning I'll begin cutting strips. Later I'll run over to the farm market for some veggies and chuck chop meat for tonight's meat loaf dinner tonight, will make enough so we can have it again tomorrow night.

Mariposa 09-19-2011 05:58 AM

My hubby & I are packing up to head to the middle of the state for a few days~~ :)

GingerK 09-19-2011 06:03 AM

I had some housework to do this morning, am finishing my second cup of coffee as I catch up here, then into the sewing room to finish the borders on my first OBW. Must remember to take a photo of the origional fabric. I have to work tonight so will try to grab a short nap this afternoon.

Weather is overcast and looks like rain. Fall is definitely in the air. I shudder when I look out and think of all the autumn yard work I have to do--so for today, I'll just keep my curtains closed!

Scissor Queen 09-19-2011 06:04 AM

I think I'm going to be resting my hand for the most part. I worked all the thread ends in on a quilt yesterday and my index finger is killing me. It hurts clear down to my fingernail.

It's been very sore since I took a reverse fusible applique class in August. I hope it quits hurting eventually.

So I think mostly I'll read the board and I need to go pay the electric bill this afternoon. I can't go do that until after I get hubby up. He got home at 8:15 this morning and has to get back up and go work for 4 hours this afternoon.

ontheriver 09-19-2011 06:09 AM

I am going to work on a baby quilt I am making with pinwheels. Tried to yesterday and I had to rip more on the first 8 blocks than I have had to do with my last queen quilt. Then I sewed blocks upside down. After a few hours of that I gave up and read a book. Maybe today will go better.

katsewnsew 09-19-2011 06:14 AM

I will be packing up my WIPs for the umpteenth time from my spare bedroom, son is coming for a 2 week visit.

simplyme 09-19-2011 06:17 AM

Today is a teachers workday at school so I have the boys home with me today. We are going to meet hubby for lunch (nice change for everyone) and then this afternoon I will let them play with Granny so I can get some sewing done. Tomorrow will be all mine after boys get off to school. I can have a quite cup of coffee and start sewing. Yea!!!

BellaBoo 09-19-2011 06:21 AM

I'm waiting for the contractor to come by and get payment for the new floors his crew installed for me this last week. Good job guys! Then I'm going shopping and lunch with a friend. I may go to a movie or go to Barnes and Nobles and browse the new quilt magazines. I'll come home and either sew on my applique quilt while watching tv or read. I have no idea what DH's plans are. He is in and out all day.

Vivian Ketron 09-19-2011 06:33 AM

I'm not sure I will do much of anything today. Was out of town for 4 days. Had a nice trip but it is cloudy and dreary today. Got my ggd ready for school, put her on the bus, have been on this site for a couple of hrs catching up and have some baby quilts to finish. Might do that today.lol.