Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What are you stitching this weekend? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-you-stitching-weekend-t162459.html)

Texas_Sue 10-23-2011 04:31 AM

I spent Saturday at a Angel Quilt workshop and nearly finished a quilt top. Our guild makes donation quilts to give to a local hospital. Hope to finish up the top this week and get to quilting on it.

Susan

quilter2theend 10-23-2011 04:38 AM

Well I mended a sleeve on a pajama top for my dad, got the label done and delivered to an Amish lady to put on the orange quilt in my avatar, mended a hole in my garden jeans, which are more patches then jeans at this point. They are so comfortable, can't throw them out! I started on a quillow for my Dad.

cyniree 10-23-2011 04:45 AM

English paper piecing hexagons

sewmom 10-23-2011 04:50 AM

I am at the lake and forgot to bring the binding for a baby quilt I want to send out as soon as I get the addy. I only needed to quilt the border and add the binding and forgot the binding! But yesterday I finished the doll quilt that I made for the baby's big sister. First doll quilt I've made and it turned out too cute! I'll post pictures after I get the baby's done. Anyway, I'll probably spend the rest of the day cleaning and laundry before we leave to go home. If it's not too late maybe I can get the binding on and washed and get it sent tomorrow.

Tudey 10-23-2011 05:28 AM

Let's see: I SHOULD have been working on the quilt for my bed---that didn't happen. But I made two drawstring bags to finish an order for my grandnephew's day care provider. She commissioned me to make 14 bags for gifts for her day care kids at Christmas. I have had 12 done for quite a while, but we were waiting for her last 2 "customers" to be born, so I could make their personalized bags too. I don't have pictures right now, but they were just 12"x12" with a pocket inside and the kids' names quilted into the front. Maybe today I will work on my quilt...

kaykwilts 10-23-2011 05:36 AM

Working on my grandson's quilt, which I am hand quilting. Half way done. Plan to have it ready for Christmas!!

GG 10-23-2011 06:01 AM

hand quilting a small wall hanging

learner 10-23-2011 06:04 AM

Finished and mailed a lap quilt for my dad's birthday - he'll be 91 next week. Then made a costume for my 6 yr old dgd - just cut down a velvet dress and skirt I got at goodwill. She's going to be Wednesday Adams from the Adams family.

Janet My 10-23-2011 06:11 AM

I'm trying to finish up a lap quilt... I thought I had enough fabric for the back but I'm short about 1/2 yard. (from my calculations.. which are not always accurate. LOL) Guess I have to run to Jo-Ann's today... One good thing.. I got a 40% off coupon this morning. I'm itching to get this thing ready to go and get it on my new HQ Avante.

I still have to figure out what pattern I'm going to use for a simple lap quilt for my MIL. I have a jelly roll in the right colors but can't figure out what pattern.

catsnchina 10-23-2011 06:12 AM

Taking a Mariner's Compass class all day to day at LQS.

Piecing a lady bug quilt, and possibly sewing bindings to the back of a table runner I just finished and a pinwheel lap quilt.