Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What are you working on?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-you-working-t173875.html)

carolaug 12-31-2011 10:12 AM

What are you working on??

My brother loved the quilt that I made my son's girlfriend. He is very picky but I think I finally am good enough were he will really like it. I made my son's girlfriend a circle raw edge Alice and Wonderland land quilt. I tried posting no luck...oh well...its on my blog. I am too lazy to try resizing to upload...sometimes it loads and some times it doesn't here. Well any ways I have a ton of Baklic (or however its spelled) and spent the morning cutting 8 inch circles and 10 inch squares all were washed but the brown material...just waiting for it to dry in the dyer. I can't wait to start sewing this! I also cut a bunch of 3 1/2 inch tumblers to do a leader and ender quilt...come on hurry up and dry...LOL...surpose I could clean till then. Happy quilting everyone! So what are you making??

Drew 12-31-2011 10:15 AM

I am making Christmas placemats for next year's gifts. My co-worker has family of five and my friends have a family of six. Then I'm thinking of making some for other families, but am not sure that will happen.

carolaug 12-31-2011 11:45 AM

hmmm...that is a great idea since many of the Christmas fabrics are on sale. But I think I have had enough of Christmas for this year and ready for Spring. So far we have had a very mild winter. Cold for a few days but not bad. This morning it was pouring out so glad it was not snow.

Originally Posted by Drew (Post 4827616)
I am making Christmas placemats for next year's gifts. My co-worker has family of five and my friends have a family of six. Then I'm thinking of making some for other families, but am not sure that will happen.

tngal22 12-31-2011 11:51 AM

I just finished a blanket and pillow for my sister's rodeo room...her hubby used to be in rodeos. And I need some batting to finish up a Rudolph panel blanket for my daughter. Next up is to make some curtains for my living room while I wait for hubby to find me some DCU to start on his quilt.

barny 12-31-2011 11:53 AM

A pot of soup and a batch of cornbread

Natalie17 12-31-2011 12:10 PM

I am trying to do some meadering quilting on an UFO for charity.My husband takes a lot of quilts with him when he goes on a mission trip every summer. I have about 4 made so far.

ckcowl 12-31-2011 12:50 PM

i am almost done with a binding on a quilt for my youngest neice- i have a wolf quilt loaded on the frame to be quilted (and i'm sitting here on the computer instead of quilting it)
i have a wool (paper cut applique) block all pinned onto a back ground square- for a hand project-
and i've been working on special request pillow cases for my daughter & 2 granddaughter's--
oh and i plan to start the new year doing the Carol Doak 50 stars in 50 weeks activity- and have a friend in Georgia who is supposed to work on a star sampler quilt with me (long distance) --- guess that's enough for the moment :)

sewbeadit 12-31-2011 12:57 PM

I am still sorting out my studio from after Christmas so I can get 5 quilts quilted for the grands. I gave them the tops and will finish the quilts hopefully in January. Last night I made curtains to go over my fabric storage to keep dust and light off. I also made a bathroom curtain and sorted fabric and rolled it onto foam cores. I have a nasty cold so don't know what I am going to do today, depends on how I feel alter on.

mltquilt 12-31-2011 12:58 PM

Ham and cheese ball and then peanut butter balls for church fellowship tonight. Hopefully Monday I can put my room back together from the holiday and start sewing and machine embroidery projects.

mltquilt

baslp 12-31-2011 01:40 PM

I am making a lap quilt for a friend using a new pattern -- urban log cabin. I hopevshevlikes the colors I picked out.